Thread: A Shovel!

A Shovel!

Howdy!

I want to do some terraforming but it says I need a shovel in my hand to do so. Do I get a shovel scheme from Tool skill? If Not , other than trading, how do I aquire a shovel?

Thanks!
    Axechucker

No Toolcraft. Weaponcraft gives Shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by Axechucker View Post
    Howdy!

I want to do some terraforming but it says I need a shovel in my hand to do so. Do I get a shovel scheme from Tool skill? If Not , other than trading, how do I aquire a shovel?

Thanks!
    Axechucker
    You can find a recipe by lookin old tribe areas for a recipe, or scav'n gives recipes based on the areas and very random. Your best bet is to trade.

Also you can get a shovel recipe by skilling up weaponcrafting it gives random recipes sometimes while skilling up.

Xsyon Citizen
    Some additional hints:
    For a shovel you need a "shovel head" which is found through scavenging - you will also need (depending on the receipt) a "medium wood pole" - to create that you will need a "axe" (weaponcraft) to fell a tree, a saw (toolcraft) to get a right sized piece out of the wood (woodcrafting), a craftingknife (toolcraft) to shape the "medium wood pole". For the shovel receipt I have you also need screws (also scavenging) and as tools: a hammer, crafting knife and a screwdriver to finish the shovel ...

AND: After some use the shovel will break! So (depending on the size of your project) you will most probably need more than 1 shovel to complete the terraforming (also shovels tend to break faster if you just started with terraforming and you have a low skill)

So the best approach - if you just want to try terraforming - is to trade for 1-2 shovels with one of the weaponcraft experts (the shovels they create have a higher quality and durability -> you can do more digging with them).
    Most players accept "work time" commitments to trade with you, because as a starting player you normally have not much that is worth trading

Or you go out and scavenge for "shovel heads" - and if you find one, you just ask someone in game to create a shovel for you - most weapon crafter have all the basic materials (like woodpoles and screws) - in this game most players are very helpful and are glad if they can create items for other players. Shovel-heads are also quite valueable as you have to find them (luck and know where to scavenge for them) and with the revenants and animals around it has become more dangerous to go on scrap piles to search for shovel heads.

Good luck with your project and have fun in Xsyon!