Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Had to take a small time out! Went to a baseball game tonight and had a fabulous time!

When I got home tonight I started raising my tool skill again. I'm at 72.6 right now. I'm looking for that scrapper saw scheme. I got alot of other ones including some "insipration" schemes of the artisan type but not for the scrapper saw. After I depleted my stock of rocks (i make weavers from granite to raise my skill) I headed down to the scrap pile tonight for a short while.

I notice that during certain times of the day I find certain things. When I found the saw blades before it was around 9 pm my time. Well it was 8:45 and I was hanging in the scrapile. I found quite a few things tonight. Some more shovel heads which puts me at 19. I'm starting to find alot of High quality items and it makes it really hard because if I find a moderate leather and it stacks, I lose the high quality stuff.....Bummer. 9:00pm rolls around and what do ya know! ..... 2 Old saw blades.....right on time? Luck or coinsidence? 3 times in a row at roughly the same time of night. These put me up to 10 saw blades. I really need that damn scheme for the scrapper saw. In time I guess. I'll keep plugging along. In the end though I'm afraid I'll have to make a forager's saw. Which is ok with me also. At the very least I know I can find the blades and that seems to be the hard part for most. For the record: I found blades at: Scav-28.2, 40.6 and 56.3.

Got a new Problem on the Horizon. This problem is called chalk. Probably be an adventure for this one also.

Good job Axe, keep up the good work.

If you want help on chalk, its found on DRY limestone (normally in the mtns) its a rare find like flint or quartz when standing on DRY limestone. (Dry limestone = Limestone not near water). Good luck.

Yep axe I was trying to get times down for when more rare stuff dropped long ago but never could pin point anything as I couldent get consistent times.I gave up on it but it would be cool for someone to do the work and put a nail on the rare drop times.

Thanks DDT and Unclean. Unclean, I'll run the Scrapile again tonight at that time and see if I come out with more saws. I'll be doing a small journey tonight for some chalk using DDT's suggestion.

Added after 4 Hours 56 minutes:

Update:

Went out on a journey to look for some chalk tonight. I didn'y find any but I did find a nice patch of Basalt and recorded the location. Will the location of chalk and basalt change?
    I went far north of my camp into the mountains and just kept going and going looking around an checking the views. I got caught up in 3 wolves that attacked me sending me home. The next journey I went way west and didn't find anything but zombies and flat land. I turned more south and kept the mountain ranges in view until I was walking on them. Still no chalk. I'm not exactly certain what I'm looking for. I noticed the basalt ground was a bit darker than the granite. I also noticed if I turn my view enough while lookking at water , the water will disappear and I can see the what color is underneath. It looks a bit greenish so that is what I was looking for in the mountains. I hope I was right in doing that. I will do more searching later.

On the scrapile tonight I found some very interesting things. I started a bit early ( 7:00 pm )because I wanted to raise my skill. At 7:12 pm BAM! I find 5 High Quality Old Saw Blades LOL! Continuing on the scrapile I found a few patterns I could use in Leatherworking. I also found some more pickaxe heads, shovelheads and cleaver blades. Major find was a Scheme: Master Scrapper Hammer and a Scheme: Pioneer Tent. I was pretty stoked about those 2 LOL. Still no scrapper saw scheme though. Will keep working at it until I get one. At 9:12pm tonight I found 4 more Old Saw Blades. There is no way this is luck. 4 Times in a row within the same time frame. I'd say I'm onto something.

Hello Axe,

The Basalt mountains or limestone mountain wont' change their place, so if you recorded the place you should find it again. Keep looking for chalk because it exist

Here are two locations I found and recorded as a player, hope these help.

Zone 895 920 437 - Chalk

Zone 1019 920, 580 - chalk

HEY! Thanks Guys!

I have been away because life won't let me play. Work started to get real heavy so it made me more tired than usual and I have been coming home and crashing. The melon patch has been keeping me busy also. Growing season almost over for them. I have about 6-7 more bowling balls rolling around to ripen yet.

I'll get back to this in a bit. I think what I want to do is move. The Place I have now was good for starting out. I'm a bit more established now so I want to try other areas. We'll see what happens.