Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

4 months for totems to be abandoned

I think this is way to long, tbh if someone has not logged in after 30 days they are not going to log back in. Land for tribes is everything in this game, if we are to support a healthy population tribe totems abandonment phase is going to have to be much shorter than 4 months.

In Darkfall you can lose your city within 24 hours if you are not there to defend it for a siege and player housing has 13 days total if you haven't paid your taxes by then you lose it.

I know this isn't Darkfall, but when you are talking about territory control and the need for real estate to house players land is everything. In darkfall they don't have to house every player because they have NPC cities to do that for the ones not lucky enough to get a house or those that don't live in clan cities. Every player that comes into Xsyon has to be "housed" within a territory either controlled by many or by just 1. 4 months may seem fine right now with the population so low and so few people putting totems down, but when this game has lots of people coming in it's just going to get really crowded again with unused totems taking up the majority of the space.

Yeah, I was honestly expecting them to LOWER the abandonment rate, not increase it. Increasing it seems rather idiotic to me because as you put, land and territory is everything in this game, especially so when tribal warfare is introduced. 30 days seems plenty to me. MAYBE 45 or 60 days, but 120? Seriously? With all the advertisement coming up we will get a lot of new players... what are they going to say when there's all these totems that haven't been touched in months that are claiming prime real estate?

I think 3 months is fine because many players that I know, and old tribes from launch have no desire to return unless alot of stuff is added, now if they came back and everything was gone , I bet even then most will NOT come back, so I see why They went 4 months lets face it Xsyon had a rough time, and it was not your typical release...

I for one have not come back until I see people in my guild wanting to again, I seen a few thinking maybe, but not until we see more content, lets face it the forums show the game seems to be not that active, and during the free time we hardly seen anyone around so I think after the Devs get more content this will help players think about coming back

This day in age Gamers barely ever give a game a 2nd chance, look at Funcom, big company, many people where pissed about AOC and did not play TSW because of the bad release of AOC, this missed out on a good game in my eyes and a great release, but that shows how gamers hardly ever give companysa 2nd look, being in the field I see this as well more and more companys need to be careful when releasing a new game because gamers won't put up with a bad release . Gamers are picky now than when MMo's first came out . If you think they whine about AAA's game, what do you think they do with indie's??

I listen to people at school every day about new games, and why they do not buy certain games, and such, one Mmo's are a dieing breed and people won't face it but they are, look how many go offline, and look how many do poorly, gamers are picky, very picky...

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysauto View Post
    I think 3 months is fine because many players that I know, and old tribes from launch have no desire to return unless alot of stuff is added, now if they came back and everything was gone , I bet even then most will NOT come back, so I see why They went 4 months lets face it Xsyon had a rough time, and it was not your typical release...

I for one have not come back until I see people in my guild wanting to again, I seen a few thinking maybe, but not until we see more content, lets face it the forums show the game seems to be not that active, and during the free time we hardly seen anyone around so I think after the Devs get more content this will help players think about coming back

This day in age Gamers barely ever give a game a 2nd chance, look at Funcom, big company, many people where pissed about AOC and did not play TSW because of the bad release of AOC, this missed out on a good game in my eyes and a great release, but that shows how gamers hardly ever give companysa 2nd look, being in the field I see this as well more and more companys need to be careful when releasing a new game because gamers won't put up with a bad release . Gamers are picky now than when MMo's first came out . If you think they whine about AAA's game, what do you think they do with indie's??

I listen to people at school every day about new games, and why they do not buy certain games, and such, one Mmo's are a dieing breed and people won't face it but they are, look how many go offline, and look how many do poorly, gamers are picky, very picky...
    If you keep a subbed account then i can see it being more than 30 days, but if you unsub then your totem should be gone within day's, not week's or months.

Also, if you stay subbed and don't login then your totem should be gone after 2-3 weeks.

It will help if they get some type of "resource tax" for owning land as it would solve the inactive totem thing once and for all. I don't think it needs to be anything very complicated, but needs to be something.

I know Jordi is just trying to give people a chance to come back and not be pissed that their totem is gone. However in a game like this if the population is healthy it doesn't matter how many totems you try to remove their just won't be any place to put down with a 4 month or 3 month or even a 30 day abandonment feature.

To me the 4 month long totem decay is just Xsyon's way of saying "Game is broke guys we know if you take a break for a while for us to get the game fixed, your stuff will still be back here when you get back"

No other reason why I can think why 4 months for a totem to decay.

I also believe like you KeithStone a simple resource tax system (very common in any game I know of) on totems would fix this issue, and many many other issues all in one.

I think 4 months is not bad all around since people do have lives and take breaks from time to time. I'm sure at any point this can be changed but I don't see the issue right now at this very moment why 4 months is really all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I think 4 months is not bad all around since people do have lives and take breaks from time to time. I'm sure at any point this can be changed but I don't see the issue right now at this very moment why 4 months is really all that bad.
    Of course you dont you dont play.

To the people that play daily 4 months is a long time. Can you name any game you know of where land is saved for 4 months of non play?

I still play and still have a active account. I can name one and I know for a fact my deed on wurm will stand for close to 2 years considering how much in game gold I stuck in to upkeep. I paid to keep it active for a very long time even if I have absolutely 0 plans on coming back. I could careless about a 4 month period for totems as this number can always change to something less. I don't see the major issue here as you couldn't loot these places until recently and a lot of new land is open because of it.

You paid gold for upkeep on wurm? Well heck you should have told the devs that before totem decay ever started cause what you do on wurm sure makes me care about what happens in a whole different game that I play.

No I actually got most of that through sells of gear I made in game and other transactions I made. As I said and will say again, the number can change and IMO I don't see the harm as a lot of old totems went away and a lot of new land is open now. I think this discussion is more about how you have to wait so long to loot these areas than about how someone who takes a break from the game can come back 2-3 months down the road and still have everything they and others worked hard for.