New Global Chat Rules

I want everyone to know they changed the global chat rules, I have no idea who's idea it was to put some of these rules in but clearly they want to suppress any views other than Xsyon is a great game. If you have views that differ from this you have to keep them to yourself.

Global Chat Rules
    The Xsyon Service includes a Global chat feature intended for players to communicate across the game world. The purpose of this chat is to assist new players, facilitate communication between distant players, manage staff and player run events, encourage trade and generate a positive community feel.

• Criticizing the game development team, game design or features, or the Guide team. Feedback regarding game design and balance can be posted in the appropriate sections of the game Forums.Criticizing the game development team, game design or features, or the Guide team. Feedback regarding game design and balance can be posted in the appropriate sections of the game Forums.

• Discussion of other games or game services.
    • Discussion of divisive real world topics including but not limited to religious and political discussion.
    • Luring new players for the purpose of killing them and stripping them of their items.

6. Use of any words that are deemed offensive or threatening or that may be sexually explicit . Use of words using symbols, different languages, or different forms of writing, including internet based ones like Leet, that represent the previous mentioned words will be treated in the same way.
    Now for the haters of the DDT, I've not broke any rules nor have I been warned about this. I wanted to put this info out there so others that dont know about this sneaky change to the chat rules, from getting banned.

I doubt many people will be using global at all.

I removed your comments about staff, please refrain from accusations and bashing of staff. ~Guidehael
    Last edited by GuideHael; 09-03-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Response to Chat Rules and Issues Regarding it

Hello MrDDT,

The global chat rules are there to keep certain players from taking advantage of the very things that are covered in the ToS. These global chat rules should help us enforce that no game bashing of any kind or promotion of games that you believe Xsyon players should leave to play will be tolerated.

You can, as it states: Feedback regarding game design and balance can be posted in the appropriate sections of the game Forums. We encourage you to do this instead of using global chat, these are things we need to fix bugs or implement new features.

The global chat rules won't have much affect on other players except for those that want to talk very negatively in global chat about the game and promote others trying to adversely affect our bottom line.

6. Use of any words that are deemed offensive or threatening or that may be sexually explicit . Use of words using symbols, different languages, or different forms of writing, including internet based ones like Leet, that represent the previous mentioned words will be treated in the same way.
    This more openly covers players from harassment even if the offending player tries to do it by means to circumvent other Rules of Conduct.

I hope I cleared things up for you, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to post asking them.

~Guidehael