Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:Need More Information: Time outs

same here, gradually increasing lag, than no response at all and finally a DC, on relog same message.

sometimes the lag increases and I think "here we are again" but after a moment it gets back on track.

I think the DC is due to the server not responding (just what the log says). I understand that on client installation the DirectX installation starts, too. There is the XNA symbol. So...... just my guess:

The client is XNA, the server is C# .NET... this means just one thing: GARBAGE COLLECTION! There are some very good tutorials about hidden object allocations going on in the .NET API. If Jordi wants to know how to remove those object allocations causing garbage collections I can dig them out again. Just PM me Jordi.

This is a common problem with the XBox. On the other hand I have no clue what they use server-side. Might be OpenBSD, C++, MySQL or whatever.

Just guessing...

You guys should clarify which server you are experiencing the timeouts on. Because I believe on the test server he's specifically implemented fixes for some of the timeout issues.

I've been playing exclusively on the test server since it went back up and to me it seems much more stable. However I don't know if that's because I'm usually the only one on there since no one else seems to bother with the test server.

btw, pid. The client isn't using XNA. Or .NET even.

I have been playing on the main server and getting these lag/DC problems on and off all day today

Yeah, it's to be expected on the main server.

the only way i notes when i am lagging is when other players are teleporting forward thats when i know i might get dced soon