I was thinking about this and I'm curious how well crafting base stats determine the outcome of how good your items are.
I know everyone can craft everything, but if your base stats ultimately make you a bad crafter will your items even be worth trading?
If I make a bunch of tools that are low quality because my stats don't have anything to do with crafting and then use those tools to make all my weapons, armor, buildings, tools, etc - won't my stuff just all have horrible stats anyway?
Maybe the problem right now isn't that everyone can craft everything, maybe it's just that stats are not as important right now because people put up structures that ultimtely stay up forever. Once all the decay systems are in place and people start to realize how fast stuff breaks down if it's not the best quailty then maybe dedicated crafters will have more worth.
Some questions I have:
1. If you have base stats that don't correspond to the crafting skills and you get a master tool from someone else how good will your stuff be that you craft with that tool?
2. Doesn't master/artisan tools just make everything else obselete?
3. Why bother using anything else to craft anything at all if it's not being crafted from master/artisan tools?
4. Can everyone craft Artisan/Master tools even if you don't have high base stats that go with crafting?
5. If you have low base stats for crafting and you can craft master/artisan tools then will your artisan/master tools be worth less than someone with higher base stats?
Maybe it should work something like this for Artisan/Master tools:
If your base stats for crafting tools is below 90 you can't craft Master/Artisan tools and you can't use them when trying to craft an item. (I'm not talking about your actual toolcraft skill, I'm talking about whatever base stat is for crafting tools in general)