Main server preview? extra question

I have 1 question to ask since all my others were answered in the previous post. (nice one hydra you saved me alot of typing, ty).

Are there community based zones? I don't mean are there safe zones designed into the game. I mean, is it kinda understood by the gamers that (for example) zones 901 - 910 are PVP zones, zones 890 - 900 are homestead zones, zone 950 is trading etc etc. In other words are there any unwritten rules I shouldn't be breaking.

Hello Nethkhar,

No, there are not that specific zones , you can place a homestead next to a long tribe or the opposite, pvp is everywhere but inside towns or Founders Isle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nethkhar View Post
    I have 1 question to ask since all my others were answered in the previous post. (nice one hydra you saved me alot of typing, ty).

Are there community based zones? I don't mean are there safe zones designed into the game. I mean, is it kinda understood by the gamers that (for example) zones 901 - 910 are PVP zones, zones 890 - 900 are homestead zones, zone 950 is trading etc etc. In other words are there any unwritten rules I shouldn't be breaking.
    Yes there are some areas that people claim and used to defend. I'm not sure how it is now but in my tribe area (Zone 739) we use to kill anyone near it, and it was well known of people being killed in that area if you were to go there without permission or asking.

There are some areas that are made into "Homestead Towns" where a group of solo players owned totems and would place single totems near each other for trading/protections/help (Zone 740). Now how it is now? I'm not sure because I dont play anymore. But I'm sure there are areas like this still. I believe there were some in the north where players started up a new homestead village.
    I also believe almost all if not all of the PVPers quit. (Maybe Dang is still rolling around love tapping people with his cane hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by GuideMihr View Post
    Hello Nethkhar,

No, there are not that specific zones , you can place a homestead next to a long tribe or the opposite, pvp is everywhere but inside towns or Founders Isle.

Thanks
    Mihr nethkhar isnt asking if they are preset by the devs on these areas, but if the players themselves made these areas to be like this (player enforced areas not dev enforced).

PVP isnt everywhere. You are also 100% safe in your own tribe area.

Thanks for the replies, I have to say I'm loving the game going on what i've seen in the trial version. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is purely because of the world PVP. I've tried too many ffa pvp games and been griefed too often, so I'm happy to hear the pvpers are mostly gone.

Is there anyway of finding out where these "homestead towns" are??
    Last edited by nethkhar; 10-29-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Most of the tribes I see active in the tribal recruitment thread are your best bet. I don't know of the homestead tribes off hand but I've seen a few around like that.

~Guidehael

Hi nethkhar, Welcome to Xsyon.

Unless you are set on creating your own homestead, there are tribes with large territories that allow players to work, build, craft, fish etc without fear of attack from other players. Outside of the tribe of course you would have to be more careful. You are welcome to join Raven Moon, (Shameless Promotion) we are very established and you can build your own place on tribe if you so desire. I could to meet you on trial server if you would like to check out the tribe before going live. Just send me a PM if interested. There are of course other similar tribes like Rainy River, Nocturne, Pretoria Guard and others that I'm sure would also welcome you.

As for homestead groups there was a large one up north around 1018 or 1019 I believe (It's been a while since I was up there. Some may have moved on.