Kickstarter campaign

I am aware there is an existing thread about kickstarter campaign, but since I haven't bought the game I don't have permissions to write there.

As others have mentioned, 250k is way too high and I doubt there is a real chance it would be met.

From the kickstarter projects I have seen only those with much lower goal got close to such sum.
    Some people will not pledge to a project which, in their opinion, doesn't have chances for reaching the goal. Why go through registration / login process, send credit card info and reserve money on bank account for a month or longer if it won't be used anyway?

Xsyon is not the first project which has set its goal too high, only to get nothing in the end. I assume that Xsyon devs are aware that anything above the goal is still given to them, and without reaching the goal project is not funded at all. So why such decision?

Add to it that general opinion on the game suffers. People see that the project wasn't funded, which may bring some conclusions:
    - it was not good enough
    - if creators set so high goal, then it probably meant that without all those funds there is no chance for project to succeed
    - the game will become vaporware without those funds

Now, I'm pretty sure some of you will ask why is someone who hasn't even bought the game saying all that?
    I've been watching Xsyon since its beta (although I didn't get into open beta), and had some hopes for it, especially since I love sandbox games with good economy system which let you build your place and shape the world around you. However I refused to pay more than for any AAA game in my country (Blizzard games included, and those are most expensive here) for something I can't even try. So I waited until the free trial. I tried and I didn't like what I saw. But with the talks of kickstarter fundraising I hoped that it would make the game better, to a point where I could like it too.

Hello,

it is a very small amount for development of a game but it's a reasonable amount to increase our team and speed of development.

Thanks

Mihr, you are right 250k is a very small amount for a game project like this, but for a game that has been out for 2 years and lost the majority of it's followers shortly after the game launched asking for 250k was way to much.

I had high hopes for the kickstarter project, however when I saw the goal amount I knew that it was doomed. (I HOPE that I'm wrong)

I'm at a loss for words right now, I've wanted this game to succeed from the very beginning and i still do, however I hope that Jordi has a clear plan for what to do if the Kickstarter Project doesn't go through.

Every pledge amount should have been given access to the game when it releases for free, that would have given it a much better chance to be successful. (not much to do about it now I guess)
    Last edited by KeithStone; 11-26-2012 at 11:31 AM.

all the people back each crap of games...lol...but the good games not...tss
    I see it on our Multigamingclan...We play all the high end MMO as GUILD WARS 2,SWTOR,HDR,MECHWARRIOR,PLANETSIDE 2
    and and and...but not one MMO is holding the Member!
    in XSYON...all our Members look periodly in XSYON and are waiting on the new features!...and the other MMO ---->DEAD ZONE
    No Millionaire-Man on this world who sponsored this wonderful game with first contact to Developer and then push the kickstarter Action to success.....The features are faster ready!
    If not then we wait longer...but the time is coming and XSYON is ready!..Not so fast then but SAFE!
    I think its a other capital investment----(BUSINESS ANGEL)----> Who dares wins
    Last edited by Whorlok; 11-27-2012 at 10:05 AM.

While this game has an awesome idea by a great developer, it just isn't World of Warcraft. They're trying to aim high with a company that has only made one game. Part of why they were failing from the beginning is because they wanted the game to get popular from the word of mouth rather than advertising. Now that they're starting to see a decline of players they resort to kickstarter?

I also must add that very rarely do games make it with a monthly subscription. You're better off making it buy to play and relying on micropayments from an auction house like in Diablo 3. Maybe after Xsyon gets popular, it'll be a good idea to make a game that's buy to play than pay to play. Sorry but you must be joking with a $500 pledge for a lifetime subscription. Notorious games has great ideas, but makes bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    While this game has an awesome idea by a great developer, it just isn't World of Warcraft. They're trying to aim high with a company that has only made one game. Part of why they were failing from the beginning is because they wanted the game to get popular from the word of mouth rather than advertising. Now that they're starting to see a decline of players they resort to kickstarter?

I also must add that very rarely do games make it with a monthly subscription. You're better off making it buy to play and relying on micropayments from an auction house like in Diablo 3. Maybe after Xsyon gets popular, it'll be a good idea to make a game that's buy to play than pay to play. Sorry but you must be joking with a $500 pledge for a lifetime subscription. Notorious games has great ideas, but makes bad decisions.
    Most games with a monthly subscription makes it just fine, it's just that the big ones who change to free to play or buy to play gets a lot of attention. And 500 for a lifetime subscription isn't that bad.
    Personally I would rather play yatzi than Xsyon as free to play.

But yes, I think we can all agree that the kickstarter campaign could have gone down much better.