Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    498

    Why components are so rare?

    If you want to make better economy this is a bad start.
    Think about it, a new players come to play but no one could find an old saw blade, they will be frustrated and leave the game.
    I understand some people "in big tribes" got so many in stock and now they need to sell those, but that doesn't mean xsyon would have to make saw blades rare in order to force people to trade in order to "please" some people.
    All componets should have 70% chance on scraps and 30% chance all other, 6 and more is to many, make them up to 3.
    About revs, can we skin revs for human bones? after all they do look like humans.

  2. #2
    Hello Znaiika,

    There is a plan to balance item distribution, the first step is done with the new sector and size names.

    About human bones from Revenants is also in the list, so because of that we are trying to push development with KS campaigne to develop quick and faster
    Regards
    LeadGuideMihr
    Community Manager

    Website: www.xsyon.com

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    If you want to make better economy this is a bad start.
    Think about it, a new players come to play but no one could find an old saw blade, they will be frustrated and leave the game.
    I understand some people "in big tribes" got so many in stock and now they need to sell those, but that doesn't mean xsyon would have to make saw blades rare in order to force people to trade in order to "please" some people.
    All componets should have 70% chance on scraps and 30% chance all other, 6 and more is to many, make them up to 3.
    About revs, can we skin revs for human bones? after all they do look like humans.
    New players are surely not "forced" to trade. Not sure where you getting that. Rare items are just that rare. They are in every game. They are meant to be rare for a reason.

    If you having a hard time getting something or getting enough of something, try trading.

    Why should all items have 70% chance on scraps? and 30% on others? Do you know how many items are in the game?

    There is a reason why items are not in every zone, to get people to want to move about and not farm 1 scrap pile forever. Another major reason is for trade. Regional trade is a good thing, I only wish it was more focused in Xsyon.

    If you are having a hard time finding rare items on your scrap pile try moving to another zone.

    No one is being forced to trade.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  4. #4
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    498
    Thank you Mihr

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    New players are surely not "forced" to trade. Not sure where you getting that. Rare items are just that rare. They are in every game. They are meant to be rare for a reason.
    DDT, rare shouldn't be components, but, the best blue-prints.
    Things that are used every day shouldn't be rare, different rating of tools, armor, weapons..... should have different life-span "durability" and "quality", best should have the highest life-span.
    Compare rock mallet and steel hammer, rock mallet should have 50 uses, while steel hammer should have 150 uses, that steel hammer blue-print should be rare. This is just an example how rare should work.
    When game launch everyone would have a big problem even trading, because of lack of components.


    One more thing, basic blue-prints should be available by skill level 15 like shovel, knife ... made from basic components.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-03-2012 at 08:52 AM.

  5. #5
    You keep saying they should but not why they should.

    I believe they shouldnt and I listed how it hurts the economy when you do that.

    When you have items like "rock hammer" as you say, have 50 uses. Why use rare ones? There isnt a reason to use rare ones if a rock hammer gets the job done.

    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post


    One more thing, basic blue-prints should be available by skill level 15 like shovel, knife ... made from basic components.
    They are made from basic components. Shovels skill is 25, and Knives start at 5 skill.
    New players can start with 25 skill, and so can free accounts get to 30 skill. I see no issue with this.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 12-03-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  6. #6
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    498
    I used hammer for an example, there are different things that are more of a value, like armor, weapons, carts with more space,....
    I did show you the reason for trade, if you have rare blue-print and could do rare item, that item should be worth trading for.
    And more population triggers more trade as well, demand vs consume.
    Weapon skill is hard to level unless you spent level-up points, knifes are made from components that are hard to get at low level, if knife could be made out of rock and steel plate? that would be different.
    And let me break down finding component, lets say 60% to find one saw blade, 30% to find 2 and 15% to find 3.

  7. #7
    You cant do 60% chance to find a saw blade, you would have millions of saw blades compared to everything else.
    If you talking about when you do find a saw blade you can find more than one? This is already the case.

    Rare blue prints dont make them good for trade just because they are rare, they need to have some use.

    Armor and weapons are not of more value than a saw. Not sure why you believe this, ask anyone they will take a saw over armor any day of the week.

    I use a hammer too, not sure where that comes into play in all this.

    Population does trigger more trade, which is why saws are in high demand because few people scav and many people build with wood.
    Weapon skill is one of the fastest skills in the game to train, not sure why you think its hard to train.
    Knives are made with many basic scav'd items. Knife blade/Saw Blade/Bear Claw/Deer Antlers are the main things in it, and you can use wood handles, Junk Plastic, Rock, and Round Bones. Other than the animal parts, they are pretty basic stuff.

    If knives could be made out of rocks and steel plates, dont you think thats a little to easy? I mean why have a steel plate? Why not just a rock?

    You still have yet to give a reason WHY you want it this way. If you mean "for trade" as your reason, not really saying how it would help trade but it would hurt trade. Why would it help trade to make rare items extra easy to get/make? It would cause no one to want to trade them as they are so easy they can do it themselves.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  8. #8
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    498
    As for animal parts needed for blades that is the main problem for newbs.
    You do know that components are going to be blue-printed?

    IMHO, I would break rarity in to three categories.
    1: common.
    2: uncommon.
    3: rare.

    At the release I would only alow three sets of blue-prints.
    Common: easy enough to learn/find.
    Uncommon: 50% harder to learn/find.
    Rare: 90% harder to learn/find.

    Then a monitoring system, which would monitor how many % of people already learned rare blue-prints, if more then 50% of population learned rare blue-prints, then rare blue-prints down grade to uncommon category and add's different set of rare blue-prints to discover, this gives developers to have extra time to develop/add new content, and keep players buisy at the same time.

    I would also make blue-prints to combine metals.

    Also, I would make an island in the middle of the lake and place some ruined castles and some ruins then make permanent home for some fearsome revs and boss monsters.
    No totems should be alowed on the island.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-03-2012 at 03:45 PM.

  9. #9
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    194
    <quote>Then a monitoring system, which would monitor how many % of people already learned rare blue-prints, if more then 50% of population learned rare blue-prints, then rare blue-prints down grade to uncommon category and add's different set of rare blue-prints to discover, this gives developers to have extra time to develop/add new content, and keep players buisy at the same time.</quote>
    All players, only the players active in the last month? You will make something like this - sounds interesting - but you know that the game was launched roughly 1.6 years ago? I think the current approach with different regions - so places where old saw blades / blue prints etc. are easier to find - and others where nails /patterns are more common is much better - it brings people to travel around (with all the danger of peeking outside your little tribe area on a junk pile)

    <quote>I would also make blue-prints to combine metals.</quote>
    Wow - I like what you are going to do ... since when to you work for notorious ?

    <quote>Also, I would make an island in the middle of the lake and place some ruined castles and some ruins then make permanent home for some fearsome revs and boss monsters.
    No totems should be alowed on the island. </quote>
    A new island - i am really impressed now - glad you joined the dev team and the art team as well.
    A sandbox game with themepark elements ... what is the point of the island ? To get resources from the "boss monsters" ?
    "Thou shalt not follow the null pointer, for chaos and madness await thee at its end."

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    As for animal parts needed for blades that is the main problem for newbs.
    You do know that components are going to be blue-printed?

    IMHO, I would break rarity in to three categories.
    1: common.
    2: uncommon.
    3: rare.

    At the release I would only alow three sets of blue-prints.
    Common: easy enough to learn/find.
    Uncommon: 50% harder to learn/find.
    Rare: 90% harder to learn/find.

    Then a monitoring system, which would monitor how many % of people already learned rare blue-prints, if more then 50% of population learned rare blue-prints, then rare blue-prints down grade to uncommon category and add's different set of rare blue-prints to discover, this gives developers to have extra time to develop/add new content, and keep players buisy at the same time.

    I would also make blue-prints to combine metals.

    Also, I would make an island in the middle of the lake and place some ruined castles and some ruins then make permanent home for some fearsome revs and boss monsters.
    No totems should be alowed on the island.


    They already have categories, in fact there is more than 3.
    They also made it so recipes are based on areas you are in, so if you cant find one in your area try another area. Also trade is a good way. You find a lot of XYZ recipes, others fine ZYX, you guys trade.
    If you feel you just will not trade at all, you are free to goto their area and look for the recipes yourself.

    I don't like the % of people learned a recipe means more of that recipe should drop. I think it works better for trade, and skill craft trade if it doesnt. I think some recipes should simply me rare. Make them of a higher value to trade, and the items they make more in demand. I see no issue with this, and creates a supply low in the economy.


    Combining metals I think is a great idea, I think also a forge, smelting etc should be put into the game. I do also think they have a lot on their plate.

    Island in the middle, not sure why you would want to magically add an island. Plus why do this in the middle of the "safe" areas?
    Put it in the mist. I fully agree with ruins and boss monsters would be great, been saying it for a while, way off topic here.

    They already have a "no totem" island not sure why we would need more. I think in this thread you were already upset there was a lack of places to place a totem (could have been just you in global saying it also) so not sure why you would want this.


    About me knowing what items will be blueprinted, not sure what you mean here, but they are revamping the crafting system.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •