Trade at the main totem is set up on the Test Server.
Please provide any feedback or bugs with the system here.
Recent changes in testing:
- separate totems for Trade and Quests that can be placed anywhere on tribe land
- sorting of items in the trade panel
- scrollbar on items in the trade panel
- message on sale completion
- 6 potential currency items. These won't be used in crafting schemes.
- quality and durability removed from currency items
- items for sale lost when a player deletes a character or leaves a tribe.
The system is not yet finished. The following changes are still in progress:
- confirmation dialog for sales transactions
- warning to remove items from the totem if a player is leaving a tribe
- allowing players to see items for sale at nearby or allied tribes
The Test Server database was wiped to assist with testing other changes and to facilitate restarting the Test Server often. Guides will be able after the next maintenance to assist with procuring currency to help test trade functionality and can be reached on the main server through the help channel if they are available (/h at the chat prompt).
The Test Server will be down for most of the day as I work on the items listed above.
Regarding currency items: I plan to remove useful items (such as nails that can be found consisting of different materials) from the potential currency list. Currency only items will not have quality or durability in order to facilitate the stacking, storage and exchange of currency.
I'm considering ways to make a more communal market place. One way would be to allow a tribe to place a trade totem on an allied tribe's land. Another is to allow tribes to place an additional trade totem on Founder's Isle. There are potential problems with both of these that I need to consider.
Regarding selling sets of objects like a full set of armor: I've noted this but don't expect to have this for the first implementation of Trade Totems. It would require a lot of changes to the current systems.