Trade and Quest Totems and additional improvements are ready for public testing.
1) Tribes can place one Trade and one Quest Totem on their home tribe land.
Tribes can place additional trade and quest totems on allied land as follows:
Homesteads - 1 additional trade and 1 additional quest totem.
Bands - 2 additional trade and 2 additional quest totems.
Clans - 3 additional trade and 3 additional quest totems.
Tribes - 4 additional trade and 4 additional quest totems.
2) Totems can be placed and moved by any tribe player with the Place Totems rank permission.
3) Totems on allied land can be moved by allied players with the Place Totem rank permission.
4) Totems can be REMOVED. This puts Totems into a hidden state.
5) Revoking alliances or disbanding an allied tribe results in Totems being placed into a hidden state.
6) Hidden state Totems can can be revived by the next Totem placement.
7) Disbanding your tribe results in the loss of all items still on Totems. A warning message is given when disbanding the tribe.
8) A list of your Totems is displayed in the main Totem information panel, Upkeep tab.
9) A Yes / No confirmation pop up appears when placing a Trade or Quest totem.
10) The time limit for switching currency is 5 real time days.
11) You can't set currency to 'none'.
12) Items display a cost per unit. The minimum cost is 1 currency unit per item unit. Prices can be increased only in increments of 1 currency unit per item unit. The reason for this is that players will be able to select an amount to buy from a stack of items, rather than be required to buy an entire stack. This is in progress.
13) Totems now have an Ally Totem tab. This tab displays items for sale from allied totems and totems placed on Allied land. The Tribe location of the totem is noted.
14) There is a limit of 500 sales per trade totem. I'm not sure if this is a reasonable number or not. It can be increased.
15) Allied trade items show distance (in meters) and direction (NE, NW, SE, SW) to the totem selling the item.
16) Trades and completed sales show how many game days ago the transaction with the totem took place.
17) Items for sale and completed sales revert to tribe leader ownership after 400 game days (approximately 45 real days). For testing purposes ONLY this is set to 2 game days.
18) Items for sale and completed sales expire and are deleted if not collected after 800 game days (approximately 90 real days). For testing purposes ONLY this is set to 4 game days.
19) Items are sold with prices selected per unit.
20) Buyers choose the quantity of a stacked item to buy.
21) Stack selling revised to allow for items to cost a fraction of a currency unit. Stacks can only be split in amounts worth whole number of currency units (for example if a stack of 9 nails is worth 3 dollars, you can buy in quantities of 3, 6 or 9 for 1, 2 or 3 dollars).
22) Item ownership revised: Owner only can sell Carts and Containers. Possessor can sell all other items in possession regardless of ownership.
1) Tribes can ally (and revoke alliances).
2) Family group has been added. This can be used for close friends or a sub set of your friends or tribe mates.
3) Information about tribe mates status and last day online is listed on the main Totem.
4) Permissions and Locks can be set to either Public, Private or a combination of Friends, Tribe, Allies and Family.
5) Doors now have permission settings. Existing doors are set to Tribe permission automatically if a player tries to use the door.
Please provide any Feedback or report any problems with Trade Totems in this thread.
I will solicit Feedback regarding Totem Upkeep, Crafting Revisions, Agriculture and other changes in progress when ready. Thanks!
'Hidden' Totems basically turns off the Trade or Quest totem since the physical Totem is removed. The next time you place a Totem, rather than creating a new 'blank' Totem, inactive 'hidden' Totems are searched. If you have a hidden Totem, it is placed with all items that were previously there.
Moving Totems has been fixed. This is a feature for moving allied Totems placed on your land.
Other issues are being reviewed and will be fixed. Thanks for the Feedback so far, here and in game.
Totems have been improved as listed above (items 15-20). In particular I am looking for feedback on:
- Game days to pass ownership to the tribe leader.
- Game days to expire and delete items.
- Any bugs or problems found.
- Any final requests for improvements.
- We do have artwork for four different trade totems. A choice of style will be added later but as it's just a cosmetic improvement it will be saved until I can wrap up upkeep and crafting revisions.
- Quest totems will have similar improvements, also after upkeep and crafting revisions are finished.
Totems have been improved as listed above (items 21-22).