Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Windowed client mouse glitch

    Ok, so I thought I try out the latest MMO but it's already has quite the disconcerting problem for me. The client refuses my mouse pointer.... literally. I installed and patched, when client opens to character creating my mouse pointer is ejected from the window and will not reenter.

    Anyone know of a way to correct this? And yeah, don't know how to get that window specifically to go fullscreen so if you say "go fullscreen", explain just how I could do that.

    Thanks.

    Nice job on the login screen as well, some real quality work there. I uploaded a screenshot for ya.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nicework.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	305

  2. #2
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    194
    Wow something is quite off here - what resolution are you using?
    I never had this kind of problems ...

    Could you also check if you set the "windows size" option to some strange value ?
    Open "Control Panel" and use this location:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display
    "Thou shalt not follow the null pointer, for chaos and madness await thee at its end."

  3. #3
    That looks really odd.. are you running windows 8?

    Myself im running windows 7 x64, I am using 3 screens all different resolutions and the launcher works perfect.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by genuinedickies View Post
    Ok, so I thought I try out the latest MMO but it's already has quite the disconcerting problem for me. The client refuses my mouse pointer.... literally. I installed and patched, when client opens to character creating my mouse pointer is ejected from the window and will not reenter.

    Anyone know of a way to correct this? And yeah, don't know how to get that window specifically to go fullscreen so if you say "go fullscreen", explain just how I could do that.

    Thanks.

    Nice job on the login screen as well, some real quality work there. I uploaded a screenshot for ya.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nicework.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	305
    I would also make a toon in a basic res first (1600x900) then after you are done creating your toon, change the res to the one you want. There are issues before with the toon creation page not able to be done correctly. Not sure if they worked all of them out.

    For windows full screen, you have to hide your start bar and it should work fine. (In game set the windowsize to your desktopsize)

    The other issue with the launcher being messed up, no idea on that one. Maybe a reinstall or something. I tried at the res you posted, and it works fine for me.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    Wow something is quite off here - what resolution are you using?
    I never had this kind of problems ...

    Could you also check if you set the "windows size" option to some strange value ?
    Open "Control Panel" and use this location:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display
    res: 1920x1080

    Item size is 150% (since resolution is so high)

    Edit ---- It appears it was the item size causing the glitch. I set it back to 100%, login screen and window now behave normally. HOWEVER, this is first issue I've ever had with those settings so is still bug that needs to be fixed. I'm not particularly inclined to permanently change my settings for one application and I'm sure others aren't as well.
    Last edited by genuinedickies; 03-28-2013 at 07:56 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    That looks really odd.. are you running windows 8?

    Myself im running windows 7 x64, I am using 3 screens all different resolutions and the launcher works perfect.
    Yes I'm running windows 8

  7. #7
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    194
    Hm. Windows 8 + 150% item size ... no wonder the launcher messed up. Not saying here that this should not be fixed - it is certainly something that needs fixing, but I am sure that you will see other applications that have a messed up GUI under these circumstances.

    Glad you found a work around, hope that it will get some attention by the developers.
    "Thou shalt not follow the null pointer, for chaos and madness await thee at its end."

  8. #8
    Created a topic in the bug forum for this about an hour ago with this same issue. I play on a 42" LCD TV and use the 150% size so everything isn't so small. I'm really glad I found this. I would have never thought of it.

    My bug report: http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1734
    Last edited by Xeib; 04-02-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •