Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

testing out xyson,couple questions

i normally play wurm online however as they are planning a price increase beyond my budget considering i run 7 toons so i am looking for an alternative game and this game from the videos i have been able to find anyway, looks like a great fit so i have decided to try out a trial period of this game and see if its as good in-game as it looks on the videos but i have a few questions

how in-depth is the tutorial,i like to be a bit of a hermit and thus want to get enough info through the tutorial that ideally i wont have to ask stupid questions all the time and the wiki seems fairly barren,and if the tutorial isn't that great how does the community take to clueless newbs asking questions

how vital is combat since i mostly like the build and terraform feature of sandboxes

how good is the support in-game for game related bugs/how bad are the bugs atm i.e does it take 4 months to fix a known bug in most cases

is this pay-to win(talking RL money not in-game) and if so is it still a game you can do everything you need to without NEEDING to buy items

and just any in general tips for a new guy trying out the game would be greatly appreciated

edit: and are there plans for a pve server in the future as im not much of a pvper

thx-jacob-w
    Last edited by jacobw; 04-19-2013 at 12:49 AM.

There is no tutorial.
    However, the global chat is very helpful as are the guides and devs. I'm more than happy to answer any questions in game also either in global or /w MrDDT

Combat is not required in any way, you are 100% safe on your tribe lands from other players. Animals/Zombies do not wander onto your tribe lands often and attack but it also depends where you build.

Fixing bugs can take a very long time, or it could be very short. Really depends on the bug. I've seen bugs in the game since release like every time you jump/fall the next action on an option doesnt work, you just have to repeat the action. (Like opening a basket)
    Overall I would say it's not bad but I can see where some people can be upset.

It is pay to win. If you do not buy the game and pay a sub, your toon will for sure be at a major loss in combat skills. It is not pay to win for better armor/weapons etc though, and its a month based payment not pay by the item like cash shop games.
    You are limited to 30 skills and it also will prevent you from training stats as high as a paid player.
    I hate saying it like that, because I hate P2W games but this is a monthly based sub game and saying it's not P2W would be a lie.

I would suggest joining a tribe even for a week or so just to get the hang of some of the stuff, then moving out on your own. Starting on your own can be very very upsetting. Lack of tools and understand of how to play can be discouraging even for the most advanced gamers.

PVE server is planned, however, there is almost no PVP going on in game due to the safe zones and lack of tools to find other players. It is also very easy to get away from other players.

Hey there Jacobw. Emane/Nubbins here from Wurm also. Think many may be moving with the 60% subscription increase LOL....good to hear a name Ive seen....

Lol, here comes Eyesgood from Wurm too! I wonder how many Rolf will lose before he wakes up and stops this nonsense.

If you don't mind me asking but what is the cause for a 60% price increase and how is it being justified? That's a massive jump in price.

EU is charging VAT on all sales now, so he is putting that cost off to the players.

I would think you could show what sales are actually from EU players and non-EU players to avoid the price hike on those American players. 16 euros would be nearly 21 dollars for a American to pay now for the game, that is going to really be a game ender for a lot of people. I hope to see more of you come over to Xsyon, sorry to hear but kind of glad in a way if it brings more people in game who are looking for a replacement sandbox MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    I would think you could show what sales are actually from EU players and non-EU players to avoid the price hike on those American players. 16 euros would be nearly 21 dollars for a American to pay now for the game, that is going to really be a game ender for a lot of people. I hope to see more of you come over to Xsyon, sorry to hear but kind of glad in a way if it brings more people in game who are looking for a replacement sandbox MMO.
    Claims he doesnt collect such information from players...yet must pay thru paypal and I knwo they do keep such information...pure lazinesss...country field on account creation page would solve everything....not to mention giving paypal statements to an accountant who would track such info....

Believe me Ive been mentioning Xsyon and features every chance I can slip it into a conversation ON Wurm. Pointing out that once breeding, farming, taming, and mounts are in Xsyon will actually offer MORE......So please dont make me the fool haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkid View Post
    country field on account creation page would solve everything
    This could easily be exploited to trick the database into thinking you should pay less.

Being a web developer myself, this is how I would do it: Upon payment store card type and card number. From this you can get the location of the bank it is being paid from and adjust the price accordingly.

So you are right, pure laziness and a slap in the face to supporters of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanargu View Post
    This could easily be exploited to trick the database into thinking you should pay less.

Being a web developer myself, this is how I would do it: Upon payment store card type and card number. From this you can get the location of the bank it is being paid from and adjust the price accordingly.

So you are right, pure laziness and a slap in the face to supporters of that game.

ALL of his payments go thru paypal so as I understand it the information should already be available on his statements....At least on my statements such information is easily visible....