Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1

    I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    Can someone convince me that the Open World PvP aspect of this game won't interfere with what I enjoy doing? Ie, hunting and gathering for hours at a time.

    I have seen folks talk about the "consequences" of "ganking" in PvP but I am still not sure the folks this game seems to be trying to cater too will enjoy playing.

    In my experience, Crafters and Open World PvP just, simply, do not work well together.

    I see a game that appears to target the Crafter/PvE crowd yet forces PvP with the Open World PvP aspect.

    I am Pre-Ordering this game and will give it a chance but the first few time I end up "ganked" in 1 evenings worth of play time. Consider me gone with my sub and cash.

  2. #2

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    Kunra wrote:
    I am Pre-Ordering this game and will give it a chance but the first few time I end up "ganked" in 1 evenings worth of play time. Consider me gone with my sub and cash.
    So join a tribe and gather with others or be prepared to eventually get killed and quit.

  3. #3

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    Shirk wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    I am Pre-Ordering this game and will give it a chance but the first few time I end up "ganked" in 1 evenings worth of play time. Consider me gone with my sub and cash.
    So join a tribe and gather with others or be prepared to eventually get killed and quit.
    Yeah, thats the type of post that will garner interest based on what the game advertised itself to be.

    Your an idiot.

  4. #4

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    first off... don't be an idiot... if you are going to be gathering materials and all that be sure to pay attention to your surroundings... also it would be wise to not to go out for hours on end, but rather returning to your town or tribe every hour or so to store whatever you find and gather. also just watching out for other players will not be enough im sure that even npc will be capable of defeating you... and i don't think that they will simply ignore you like they would in most other games. also this game world is ever expanding and will become quite vast if you are exploring or trying to find new areas with materials it is unlikely that you will find someone who wants to kill you as the people who thirst for blood would most likely go to areas that they are more likely to find someone that has good stuff on them to kill. anyway this is an open pvp world... if you can't fight you will eventually get killed and lose whatever you may have... assuming the one who killed you can carry everything that you have... of course if you just get knocked unconscious you will only lose one item

  5. #5

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    necoo wrote:
    first off... don't be an idiot... if you are going to be gathering materials and all that be sure to pay attention to your surroundings... also it would be wise to not to go out for hours on end, but rather returning to your town or tribe every hour or so to store whatever you find and gather. also just watching out for other players will not be enough im sure that even npc will be capable of defeating you... and i don't think that they will simply ignore you like they would in most other games. also this game world is ever expanding and will become quite vast if you are exploring or trying to find new areas with materials it is unlikely that you will find someone who wants to kill you as the people who thirst for blood would most likely go to areas that they are more likely to find someone that has good stuff on them to kill. anyway this is an open pvp world... if you can't fight you will eventually get killed and lose whatever you may have... assuming the one who killed you can carry everything that you have... of course if you just get knocked unconscious you will only lose one item
    And another person who has 0 concept of what it means to actually make this game survive.

  6. #6

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    Kunra wrote:
    Your an idiot.
    Say what you want, but whining and name calling makes you look so much better...

    You read the list of features in the game. You know PvP is included, yet you huff and puff about not liking it and don't want it to be in the game. I read your thread on the mmorpg forum about how you want PvP removed so you will play. Now you come on here threatening to leave after getting ganked before even playing.

  7. #7

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    first off... don't be an idiot... if you are going to be gathering materials and all that be sure to pay attention to your surroundings... also it would be wise to not to go out for hours on end, but rather returning to your town or tribe every hour or so to store whatever you find and gather. also just watching out for other players will not be enough im sure that even npc will be capable of defeating you... and i don't think that they will simply ignore you like they would in most other games. also this game world is ever expanding and will become quite vast if you are exploring or trying to find new areas with materials it is unlikely that you will find someone who wants to kill you as the people who thirst for blood would most likely go to areas that they are more likely to find someone that has good stuff on them to kill. anyway this is an open pvp world... if you can't fight you will eventually get killed and lose whatever you may have... assuming the one who killed you can carry everything that you have... of course if you just get knocked unconscious you will only lose one item
    And another person who has 0 concept of what it means to actually make this game survive.
    don't be an arrogant asshole... i just gave you a good list of things you can do to survive in this game... if you are unwilling to put effort into whatever you are doing then you shouldn't be playing games in the first place, find a more constructive use of your time or sit back and relax as you stuff your face full of popcorn growing ever fatter as you continue to relax in front of the tv.

  8. #8

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    Shirk wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Your an idiot.
    Say what you want, but whining and name calling makes you look so much better...

    You read the list of features in the game. You know PvP is included, yet you huff and puff about not liking it and don't want it to be in the game. I read your thread on the mmorpg forum about how you want PvP removed so you will play. Now you come on here threatening to leave after getting ganked before even playing.
    You think I am the only one? You think I am a minority thinking all aspects of this game are great except for the Open World PvP?

    Do you really think this game will actually prosper and be PROFITABLE based on the Open World PvP aspect of the game?

    Yeah, right.

  9. #9

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    Kunra wrote:
    Shirk wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Your an idiot.
    Say what you want, but whining and name calling makes you look so much better...

    You read the list of features in the game. You know PvP is included, yet you huff and puff about not liking it and don't want it to be in the game. I read your thread on the mmorpg forum about how you want PvP removed so you will play. Now you come on here threatening to leave after getting ganked before even playing.
    You think I am the only one? You think I am a minority thinking all aspects of this game are great except for the Open World PvP?

    Do you really think this game will actually prosper and be PROFITABLE based on the Open World PvP aspect of the game?

    Yeah, right.
    dark fall is doing fine so why not

  10. #10

    Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    first off... don't be an idiot... if you are going to be gathering materials and all that be sure to pay attention to your surroundings... also it would be wise to not to go out for hours on end, but rather returning to your town or tribe every hour or so to store whatever you find and gather. also just watching out for other players will not be enough im sure that even npc will be capable of defeating you... and i don't think that they will simply ignore you like they would in most other games. also this game world is ever expanding and will become quite vast if you are exploring or trying to find new areas with materials it is unlikely that you will find someone who wants to kill you as the people who thirst for blood would most likely go to areas that they are more likely to find someone that has good stuff on them to kill. anyway this is an open pvp world... if you can't fight you will eventually get killed and lose whatever you may have... assuming the one who killed you can carry everything that you have... of course if you just get knocked unconscious you will only lose one item
    And another person who has 0 concept of what it means to actually make this game survive.
    don't be an arrogant asshole... i just gave you a good list of things you can do to survive in this game... if you are unwilling to put effort into whatever you are doing then you shouldn't be playing games in the first place, find a more constructive use of your time or sit back and relax as you stuff your face full of popcorn growing ever fatter as you continue to relax in front of the tv.
    It's not arrogants, it's common sense.

Similar Threads

  1. Currency?
    By Baldur in forum Developer Zone Archive
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •