Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Missing Xsyon....question....

    I really miss this game. But before I even consider the possibility of resubbing either of my accounts, I have a question...

    Are those stupid zombie-wannabe "Revenants" still in game??

    If I wanted a zombie game, I would play DayZ or one of the other dozens of undead themed games.

  2. #2
    Yes they are in game.

    I think they are one of the best things about the game.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yes they are in game.

    I think they are one of the best things about the game.
    Glad you like them. Personally I'd rather not deal with them, and so the game is a no-go.

    Shame...the crafting, building, and survival aspects of Xsyon are unique and fun. Too bad they had to buy into the whole zombie craze.

  4. #4
    I offer you to come join me in my zone we are an active tribe and we live in a Rev free area. We keep it clean of those pesky zombies the lot of us enjoy killing so you are fine if you'd like to come and craft away safely inside/around the city we have.

  5. #5
    while I do appreciate the offer, the Revenants, and the changes they brought to the game are a deal breaker for me. They make my play style completely impossible, and eliminate everything I enjoyed about the game.

    Maybe some day another developer will create a game where I can hunt and fish in the wild and build my own home, trade supplies with my neighbors, explore a beautiful world and scavenge for useful items.

  6. #6
    I like the Revs....They're snappy dressers.

  7. #7
    Everything you mention, build a house, fish, hunt...wait hunt? You do know animals will attack you back but you cry about the revenant zombies being a game breaker. Hmm ok let me add this up, I offer you everything you want to come back and give it a shot in a safe fun group environment everything you want but you respectfully decline because of the zombies.

    I fail to see your reasoning behind coming here and even attempting, I withdrawal my proposition for you to join Hamsterbane Huntsmen and I wish you fair biddings in your future trolling.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Everything you mention, build a house, fish, hunt...wait hunt? You do know animals will attack you back but you cry about the revenant zombies being a game breaker. Hmm ok let me add this up, I offer you everything you want to come back and give it a shot in a safe fun group environment everything you want but you respectfully decline because of the zombies.

    I fail to see your reasoning behind coming here and even attempting, I withdrawal my proposition for you to join Hamsterbane Huntsmen and I wish you fair biddings in your future trolling.
    LOL...ok wait...I ask a legitimate question, and then give my reasoning for it, and you react with hostility and call me a troll??

    Yeah. Have fun playing with the ....what...ten people left playing this game??

    Sorry if my refusal to join your little circle jerk offended you.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wharmaster View Post
    Glad you like them. Personally I'd rather not deal with them, and so the game is a no-go.

    Shame...the crafting, building, and survival aspects of Xsyon are unique and fun. Too bad they had to buy into the whole zombie craze.
    Xsyon has this long before the "zombie craze" and either way I love them, many people love them. If you don't you don't.
    Some people don't like things its the way it goes.

    You list other games out there that have zombies in them but none of those games are like Xsyon. Anyways Revs are a minor part of the game. Anyone focusing on the issue of Revs and saying its a game breaker is their personal opinion and likely just a sticking point for a very very small amount of people.

    Most people and player's I've found love them, and how they were put into the game.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  10. #10
    Wharmaster, yeah Revs are still in the game and judging by what you have written you love the lone wolf survival game. I know what you mean because that's what I loved too and then they implemented skill decay and revenants and completely closed off the possibility of effectively surviving like that. A rather poor attempt to encourage trading, they should have found a better solution. (It is possible to lone wolf it but it is just not fun.)

    It breaks the immersion too, you have Lake Tahoe, roads, scrap heaps all a post-apocalyptic scene based on a credible reality. Then they add zombies - what a brain fart. I'm still playing but I see where you are coming from, I hope you find the game you are looking for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •