Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1

    NPC clarification question

    I read that a Dev said there are no NPC's ingame. Does this mean no NPC's to buy and sell stuff to or just no NPC's in the wild to kill?

    Also, maybe I missed reading about it, what form of "currency" does this game have?

  2. #2
    Xsyon Citizen Relandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
    Posts
    337

    Re: NPC clarification question

    I believe there was mention of the in-game currency using USD to fit the Lake Tahoe setting - however whether this currency is the "accepted" one come game time, who knows. Some tribes may only accept scavenged drills, for all I know. I also cannot seem to find the post.. I'm guessing it was merged into another but I can't locate it.

    As for NPC's - there will be NPC's in the wild (i.e animals, etc) however, there will be *none* to sell, buy, or give quests. (Totems will be used for player made quests)

  3. #3

    Re: NPC clarification question

    Relandi wrote:
    I believe there was mention of the in-game currency using USD to fit the Lake Tahoe setting - however whether this currency is the "accepted" one come game time, who knows. Some tribes may only accept scavenged drills, for all I know. I also cannot seem to find the post.. I'm guessing it was merged into another but I can't locate it.

    As for NPC's - there will be NPC's in the wild (i.e animals, etc) however, there will be *none* to sell, buy, or give quests. (Totems will be used for player made quests)
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is USD? United States Dollars?

  4. #4

    Re: NPC clarification question

    Kunra wrote:
    Relandi wrote:
    I believe there was mention of the in-game currency using USD to fit the Lake Tahoe setting - however whether this currency is the "accepted" one come game time, who knows. Some tribes may only accept scavenged drills, for all I know. I also cannot seem to find the post.. I'm guessing it was merged into another but I can't locate it.

    As for NPC's - there will be NPC's in the wild (i.e animals, etc) however, there will be *none* to sell, buy, or give quests. (Totems will be used for player made quests)
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is USD? United States Dollars?
    obviously... lake Tahoe is in the US after all... in fact i could drive there if i felt like driving for 3 hours or so.

  5. #5
    Xsyon Citizen Relandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
    Posts
    337

    Re: NPC clarification question

    Kunra wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is USD? United States Dollars?
    Correct, it is, as Lake Tahoe is in California, west coast of USA.

    With the fact there are no NPC's to buy/sell from, there is no need for a common currency to be imposed by the developers. The USD might be in-game, but as I said, it might not even be used for anything more than decoration.

  6. #6

    Re: NPC clarification question

    necoo wrote:
    obviously... lake Tahoe is in the US after all... in fact i could drive there if i felt like driving for 3 hours or so.
    obviously not obvious else he wouldn't of asked. If you don't have anything nice to say...

  7. #7

    Re: NPC clarification question

    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Relandi wrote:
    I believe there was mention of the in-game currency using USD to fit the Lake Tahoe setting - however whether this currency is the "accepted" one come game time, who knows. Some tribes may only accept scavenged drills, for all I know. I also cannot seem to find the post.. I'm guessing it was merged into another but I can't locate it.

    As for NPC's - there will be NPC's in the wild (i.e animals, etc) however, there will be *none* to sell, buy, or give quests. (Totems will be used for player made quests)
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is USD? United States Dollars?
    obviously... lake Tahoe is in the US after all... in fact i could drive there if i felt like driving for 3 hours or so.
    Terminology changes from game to game, but idiots dont and you have proven yourself to be one of those.

  8. #8
    Xsyon Citizen Laquila112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12

    Re: NPC clarification question

    Given the game background and setting I think beads or pebbles is a much more obvious form of currency. Especially when the developers want to expand the game into different regions using USD as a common currency would be much less obvious.

    Question remains, do we need a developer based currency. I agree with Relandi on this. Because there are no NPC traders there is no need for game set prices and therefore a game set currency is not necessary. Most trade will start out as barter.

    Of course when the community evolves and tribes and players start to specialize I expect some form of currency will develop naturally.

  9. #9

    Re: NPC clarification question

    I read somewhere that everyone will start with $500 but I can't remember where so don't quote me on this.

    I would actually prefer there was no set currency but it gets created at a tribal level and distributed through tribal quests at a very slow rate. It would be interesting to see how the economics of different tribes with different currencies develops.

  10. #10

    Re: NPC clarification question

    I vote bottle caps. Tho I've always been thinking in terms of barter system. If only for the way I'll be funding my endeavors.
    Trading what I gather/craft for items I need myself. And round and round we go.

Similar Threads

  1. Update Email
    By Xsyon in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 02:01 AM
  2. Stalled out login
    By Risk in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 05:34 PM
  3. List of Religion Ideas
    By fortunado in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 04:15 PM
  4. Better than Fallen Earth?
    By Linkle in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •