Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1

    Feedback Request - Resource Patch I Public Release

    The Resource Patch is now public!

    We will still continue to gather feedback and improve resource distribution now that we have proper tools to facilitate the process.

    Since the last round of feedback the following changes were made:
    - Chance to find currency reduced.
    - Chance to find fasteners (nails, screws) reduced.
    - Cloth checked and ensured to be relatively common in all regions.
    - Plastic polystyrene checked and balanced. It is still very common as there are only two common plastics.
    - Quality of resources revised with a small chance of finding quality 1-5 points above your skill level, but in general finding quality 1-10 points below your skill level.

    Metal materials have been redistributed so that there are more distinct distribution areas. Players should be able to distinguish which uncommon to epic materials can be found in North, South, East and West regions of the world with increased chances of finding rare materials in high and extreme danger regions.

    If metal distribution is satisfactory, plastics and cloth will be revised in a similar fashion.

    Details on this patch are here: Patch Notes

    Feedback on any aspect of the patch is welcome.

  2. #2
    Great news. I'm excited to check it out.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  3. #3
    perfect balance!...i found its so ok
    Thx for the work..

  4. #4
    Over 1000 scavs in extreme zones. Zero purples. I'm sure this is perfect. Good luck.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Over 1000 scavs in extreme zones. Zero purples. I'm sure this is perfect. Good luck.
    ok..have scavenged also in extreme zone....also zero purple
    not perfect ...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Whorlok View Post
    ok..have scavenged also in extreme zone....also zero purple
    not perfect ...
    I scavenged in our scrap yard in tribe as well as a scrap pile away from tribe which are both in extreme danger areas and no purple items or blue items. Not sure if it matters but I have 100 scavenging, 110.9 Charm and 19.5 perception with my regular gear.

    Most of the other loot seemed good and balanced with the exception of currency and Medium metal studs. I did about 6 loops around our scrap yard that take about 5 minutes each (about 30 minutes) and gathered about 1100 currency. (Mixed Dollars, Quarters, Beer Tabs and Bottle caps) The lowest run I gathered 22 currency, next was 174, the rest were 300 to 500. After around 45 minutes or so I had almost 1500 currency which would translate to around 2000 per hour if you stayed busy and made no stops.

    In that same time frame I gathered 24 Medium metal studs.
    Last edited by Willowhawk; 08-27-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Typo

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I scavenged in our scrap yard in tribe as well as a scrap pile away from tribe which are both in extreme danger areas and no purple items or blue items. Not sure if it matters but I have 100 scavenging, 110.9 Charm and 19.5 perception with my regular gear.

    Most of the other loot seemed good and balanced with the exception of currency and Medium metal studs. I did about 6 loops around our scrap yard that take about 5 minutes each (about 30 minutes) and gathered about 1100 currency. (Mixed Dollars, Quarters, Beer Tabs and Bottle caps) The lowest run I gathered 22 currency, next was 174, the rest were 300 to 500. After around 45 minutes or so I had almost 1500 currency which would translate to around 2000 per hour if you stayed busy and made no stops.

    In that same time frame I gathered 24 Medium metal studs.
    I have around 75 both charm and perception and my skill is a few short of 50. Yesterday after the patch i found about the same amount of currency and metal and plastic studs in proportion as Willowhawk. What i failed to find, besides Saw Blades, was metal handles which was the item i would get the most before patch, medium and large.

    Question: are Saw Blades skill limited so that you need 100 to get them? I wonder because i have never found one since i started playing the game.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Apalaxe View Post
    I have around 75 both charm and perception and my skill is a few short of 50. Yesterday after the patch i found about the same amount of currency and metal and plastic studs in proportion as Willowhawk. What i failed to find, besides Saw Blades, was metal handles which was the item i would get the most before patch, medium and large.

    Question: are Saw Blades skill limited so that you need 100 to get them? I wonder because i have never found one since i started playing the game.
    Yeah I found very few handles myself also, not sure where they went I think out of the 1000 scavs I found 2, just going off memory. One type was small and the other was medium. Could have also been the areas I was in maybe didn't have them.

    Saw blades are not limited to skill, and you for sure don't need 100. Ive seen after the patch yesterday people with 25 skill finding them. I found about 7 myself.

    Area has a major effect on these items, so if you scav for an hour in 1 area, and don't find X item you are looking for, try another area. If you find even just 1 item of that type, that means the area has them, so you can keep staying in that area.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  9. #9
    Please post the name of the region / regions (ex: Zephyr) where you are scavenging and not finding desirable results such as not enough rare materials found or too many of x item found.

    Aside from metal materials, the current scavenge table is the same as what was on the test sever for the past week. The scavenge tables do vary from region to region. Specific regions will need adjustments.

    I ran a few tests of 100,000 scavenges in Hell Hole (extreme danger).

    Skill 100:

    39,203 items without materials
    60,797 items with materials

    55,421 items with common materials
    4,753 items with uncommon (green) materials
    520 items with rare (blue) materials
    103 items with epic (purple) materials

    Items with materials
    91.16% common
    7.82% uncommon
    0.86% rare
    0.17% epic

    Skill 0:

    38,832 items without materials
    61,168 items with materials

    55,669 items with common materials
    4,980 items with uncommon (green) materials
    479 items with rare (blue) materials
    40 items with epic (purple) materials

    Items with materials
    91.01% common
    8.14% uncommon
    0.78% rare
    0.07% epic

    These are the types of percentages that I tested last week on the test server as well.

    My main questions for players:

    What type of percentages would you like to see?

    What type of percentage differences would you like to see between 0 and max skill?

  10. #10
    Hi Mr. Xsyon,

    The name of the region i scavenged yesterday and today again is Dollar.

    Here is the run down of a bin full of scavenged items collected in about 30 minutes:

    213 Pennies
    157 Beer tabs
    100 Dollar bills
    48 Bottlecaps
    1 Scheme Foragers bone saw
    1 Scheme Artisan Foragers Slicer
    1 Scheme Foragers Punch
    1 Scheme Pawalu grass Pack
    1 Scheme Pawaulu Gift Basket
    1 Pioneers Pick head
    1 Old Wrench
    14 Tanager Feathers
    9 Junco Feathers
    4 Steel Medium Metal Sheet
    4 Copper Short Metal Pipe
    3 * Tin Short Metal Stud
    5 Aluminium Long Metal Board
    10 Short Metal Post
    5 Aluminium Spikes
    10 Iron Metal Rod
    7 Copper Metal Rod
    3 Aluminum Metal Rod
    20 Copper Nails
    42 Steel Screws
    78 Iron Screws
    1 Copper Medium Metal Handle
    9 Iron Medium Metal Handle
    5 Iron Medium Metal Pole
    5 Polysterene Short Plastic Board
    9 Plythene Large Plastic Block
    1 Polystherene Medium Plastic Block
    11 Polythene Small Plastic Block
    9 Polysterene Small Plastic sheet
    10 Polythene Medium Plastic Board
    7 Polystherene Long Plastic Stud
    1 Polystherene Medium Plastic Pole
    3 Polythene Plastic Decoration
    7 Faux Fur
    9 Patent Leather
    22 Found Leather
    26 Patched Leather
    8 Lambskin
    2 Grey Spandex Cloth Fabric
    3 Crimson Cotton Cloth Scraps
    1 White Wool cloth Scraps
    29 Patched Leather Scraps
    18 Found Leather Scraps

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScavengingPatch.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	401

    That looks very close to the 40% without material to 60% material, however i would like to bring your attention to the amount of currency items, the amount of schemes and the amount of without use or architecture only items and let you draw your own conclusions of how this affects the game playability from the perspective of the player.

    I would like to suggest that if you which the cooperation of the players to collect data regarding this or other matters that you set up a log file that can be emailed or uploaded for your convenience.

    Thank you for reading this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •