Farming is ready for testing on the Test Server!
Here is a basic rundown of the system
- Farming skill added to the character's skill and action lists.
- Farming action opens a farming panel, with one action, plowing.
- Plowing prepares a tile of terrain for planting seeds.
- New crop plants can be found through foraging. (Currently you can forage anywhere and find random crop plants in order to facilitate testing).
- Extract seeds from plants. Right click for the menu. Extract one or extract all.
- Plant seeds on plowed terrain. Right click seeds to plant.
Plants have 6 gauges
Sun Level - Currently this is constant.
Water Level - Decreases every update. Increases through watering.
Weeds Level - Weeds have a chance of growing or increasing every update. Cleared by tending.
Pest Level - Pests have a chance of appearing or increasing every update. Cleared by tending.
Fertilizer Level - Decreases every update. Increased through adding fertilizer (currently guts).
Growth Level - Increases every update based sun, water, fertilizer and tending levels.
Right click a plant to perform the following actions
Water Plant- Requires a full water skin in your packs. Fills the water level of the plant.
Clear Weeds - Clears weeds from the plant.
Clear Pests - Clears pests from the plant.
Fertilize - Increases the fertilizer level of the plant. Requires animal guts in your packs.
Harvest - Available only when the plant is ready. Only the farmer (owner) can harvest the plant.
Destroy - Available only for the owner or for any tribe member if the plant is dead.
Tending your plants
- Immediately water your plant. You will need a full water skin in your packs.
- Plants update once every game day.
- Check your plant once per real day (or as you desire) to ensure the plant is well tended.
- Plants that lack water or tending will wilt and eventually die from neglect.
- Plants reaching maximum age will die. Days left in the plant's life cycle show in the plant's info display.
- Plants can be harvested when they reach 75% growth.
- Plants yield more produce as they continue to grow (up to 100%).
Well tended plants grow faster. The goal is to tend your plants well so that they can reach maximum growth (100%) before they reach maximum age.
- For testing purposes currently plants update quickly, once per game hour instead of game day. Plants can reach full maturity in roughly one real hour.
- With your Farming panel open all nearby plants will display their information.
- Terraforming level up and level down commands added to better control leveling terrain.
-- Level Up brings all corners of a tile up to the highest point of the tile.
-- Level Down brings all corners of a tile down to the lowest point of the tile.
- Hunting and crafting quests properly require questor to personally hunt or craft the quest item.
- Trade totems show details for allied trade items when selected.
- Revenant respawn blocked by 100 meters reserved land around active totems..
- Blocked adding materials from cart slots directly to the craft panel (to prevent bugs).
- Upkeep bonuses display as buffs with tool tips.
- Tools required for all farming actions.
- Performing actions (water, tend, fertilize) on all nearby plants (range determined by skill).
Please post any bugs, problems or general feedback on the system. Thanks!