Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feedback Request - Carts (Test Server)

The Test Server is open for testing an upcoming intermediate patch. This coming patch is primarily intended to resolve issues with carts that have been a burden on the Guide team. In addition, recent minor changes and fixes will be patched.

Once this patch is out, we'll resume on the farming and cooking update.

Cart changes:

Carts are marked ACTIVE and SAFE if the owner uses, opens or has the cart attached.
    Carts on tribe land, not ACTIVE for INACTIVE days can be moved by the tribe leader.
    Carts on tribe land, not ACTIVE for DESERTED days can be opened and contents taken by the tribe leader.

Carts are additionally marked SAFE if they are on the owner's tribe land.
    Carts not on SAFE land and not ACTIVE for ABANDONED days become abandoned.

Carts can only be traded by the cart owner.

Owner can destroy carts.

Currently, for testing only, the time values are set as follows:
    INACTIVE = 5 game days
    DESERTED = 10 game days
    ABANDONED = 10 game days

My proposed values are:

INACTIVE = 1 real day. This will allow tribe leaders to move carts in the way of projects.
    DESERTED = 1-3 real months. This will allow tribe leaders to use goods in carts left by inactive tribe members.
    ABANDONED = 1 real week. This gives the owner time to reclaim a cart left behind on public or other tribe land.

Please provide feedback on the these time limits and list any additional concerns regarding carts.

Thanks!

Few things.
    Can't see the status of the carts by just click on the cart.
    Leadership can't open baskets inside a cart they have access to with the leadership override. I understand you shouldn't be able to override the cart opening, but the baskets inside should be able to be overridden.
    It looks like each cart has to be refreshed each time by the player, and not log in timer. This could be major issues for working with carts on tribal lands. Anyway we can get log in refreshes the cart's on tribal lands timers but not outside tribe lands?

So far I like the changes, other than the things listed.
    I think the "INACTIVE" time is a little short, I think 72 hours would be better.
    I think that "ABANDONED" time is a little short. I think 2 weeks would be better.
    I think that "DESERTED" should be 2 real months.

Any point in time where the carts are completely abandoned and able to be reclaimed?
    Are you going to add a use/decay system to carts too so over time they will break down?
    What is stopping a tribe leader from moving a cart outside after 1 day?
    Last edited by MrDDT; 11-04-2013 at 09:55 AM.

I've been on test server three times today and all carts only list title, no owner names. I cannot access or use any cart on or off tribe land (I didn't try my own cart.). I am not a tribe leader.

Edit: All carts in tribe are named normal. Carts off tribe do not list name / access, only title, including tribe mates carts.
    Last edited by Wilson423; 11-05-2013 at 05:34 PM.

A much welcome patch.

Like Wilson and DDT I cannot see when a cart is abandoned. It only shows its nameplate and offers 2 choices (Use/Open) when right-clicking on it (this is for a cart on non-tribe land) - none of which is working due to a lack of permissions.

Other people's carts on my tribe land can be taken by me. As soon as I've used it its reported as my cart.

I like the short timeouts suggested by yourself and do not really like the extended times DDT suggested. The sooner the better imo.

ABANDONED = 1 real week. This gives the owner time to reclaim a cart left behind on public or other tribe land.
    I'm a little confused by what this means. If I leave my cart on public land and go on vacation for 10 days, log back in... someone else could've claimed my cart and everything in it, right?

What does "on other tribe land" mean? If I leave my cart on someone else's tribe land? (Why would anyone do that? You can't pick it back up, right?)

I'd suggest 2 weeks for this as well. It can't be that unusual for people to go away for 1 week and not play a game...

I'm not in a tribe with people, so nothing else pertains to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    If I leave my cart on public land and go on vacation for 10 days, log back in... someone else could've claimed my cart and everything in it, right?
    You can log off with your cart.

What does "on other tribe land" mean? If I leave my cart on someone else's tribe land? (Why would anyone do that? You can't pick it back up, right?)
    Usually inactive previous tribe members leave them on tribe lands. You can also pick up a cart on someone's tribe land.

I'm a little confused by what this means. If I leave my cart on public land and go on vacation for 10 days, log back in... someone else could've claimed my cart and everything in it, right?
    Only if it was left outside of your own tribe lands.

It means if you leave your cart on someone's tribe land (not your own) after X time they could open it, or even take it.
    Right now they could open it right away, but can't move/take it ever.

I like the patch though I share a few of DDT's concerns on time.

Answers and Notes:
    - Carts can be claimed by any player if abandoned (off own tribe land and not accessed for ABANDONED days).
    - A tribe leader 'could' take an INACTIVE cart and move it off tribe land. This is a risk. However, I feel this is better than the current solution of having Guides deal with moving carts.
    - There won't be a use / decay system with this patch. In the future, I'd like carts to decay so that they need to be repaired to be used.

If I leave my cart on public land and go on vacation for 10 days, log back in... someone else could've claimed my cart and everything in it, right?
    Yes, only if your cart is on public land. The goal here is that players should not leave carts on public land for a long period of time as it's causing problems right now that Guides deal with.

This can happen for example if you die carrying a cart on another tribe land, or you leave a cart on public land and another player claims that land.

Considering this change:
    - Having a setting to allow tribe members of a set rank to move INACTIVE carts, not just the tribe leader. (In case the tribe leader is inactive).

Changes:
    - Selected carts now display Days since last Used and Days since last Safe (on tribe land or used).
    - Carts that reach the abandoned stage display Abandoned when selected.
    - Carts update to active if on tribe land when the owner logs in.
    - Players should be able to claim abandoned carts.
    - Fixed some permission and lock settings. I was testing improperly as my test accounts had an override turned on.

Time settings are still quick for testing purposes. Most carts on public land should be seen as abandoned now.

Permissions should be correct now. If any other issues are encountered, please let me know. I will do some more internal testing as well.

WOW nice work Xsyon, this is great news all around I love it. Put the test server back up so we can break/test it.

P.S.

Considering this change:
    - Having a setting to allow tribe members of a set rank to move INACTIVE carts, not just the tribe leader. (In case the tribe leader is inactive).
    Can you also do this for baskets on tribe lands again? It used to be this way, and then you changed it. Anyway we can get this turned back on?

P.S.S.

Just got back from the test server and I love the changes so far with carts, very nicely done.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 11-07-2013 at 02:22 PM.