Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

this or craft of gods

I only have the option to pre-order and play one. This or craft of gods... I've had a chance to try craft of gods for free, but not this... wondering if anyone could give some suggestions.

Re:this or craft of gods

Cant even compare the two.
    Really....

momodig wrote:
    I only have the option to pre-order and play one. This or craft of gods... I've had a chance to try craft of gods for free, but not this... wondering if anyone could give some suggestions.
    It depends on your taste...Craft of Gods is a much more traditional game, with NPCs, quests, pre-built cities. There is player housing but thats all you can build. In Xsyon you can terraform, build cities, and craft everything you need, no NPCs in the game, its absolutely player driven.There is open PvP in Xsyon, and limited PvP in CoG, you can only attack a player if your combat level is kind of close to his one.
    The Xsyon world is much more beautiful in my opinion.

CoG will be released around at the end of May, the launch date of Xsyon is 15th of June right now, but it may be pushed back, so don't count on it.

Hope this helps a bit.

momodig wrote:
    I'm currently pre-ordered on both.

As stated, Xsyon is more an "out of the box" approach to MMO, where as CoG is a pretty standard, almost old school throw back, to traditional MMORPG gaming. Though the Pillar/DemiGod PvP stuff looks pretty cool, as does the sort of new approach using pseudo-3-part RvR.

CoG will be releasing late May, and I'm using it as something to play while Xsyon takes it's time to finish adding it's features and then polish.

Currently, Craft of Gods is a pretty much complete game that I would say is near market release, while Xyson still has a fair road a head of it.

As for my personal opinion? I'm far more excited for Xsyon and am really using CoG as a timewaster until Xsyon gets released, as I suspected it'd have a few delays.

Thanks for the helpful replies. I think I will go for Craft of Gods, and once this game releases try it. Can you say Xsyson is more like WURM? while craft of gods is more like EQ1?

momodig wrote:
    Thanks for the helpful replies. I think I will go for Craft of Gods, and once this game releases try it. Can you say Xsyson is more like WURM? while craft of gods is more like EQ1?
    I would say those are fairly safe comparisons. (though I sincerely hope we can part from the comparisons to WURM once we get more features turned on. heh)

Don't get me wrong, CoG has issues too (mainly to do with some higher end resource gathering), but very, very minor ones that are already addressed by their developers, and working on fixing for the next, and final, open beta window.

As I've said, this game outshines the potential of CoG (for my type of playstyle) but CoG will be ready when it states.