Combat

Issue:

1. PvP in its current form is too complex for mouse & key synchronising at the speed the attacks are dealt. It just comes down to luck not skill. E.g if your parry is timed in the right direction to prevent a block.

Suggestions:
The attack function introduces a 4 directional aiming capability which is over complicated and not rewarding.
The defend function introduces a 4 directional aiming capability, again over complicated, assumed same for parry and dodge.

a) Remove the mouse move aiming method, its just a complication that detracts from char movement.
b) Add automated targeting of hit boxes based on movement of character (forward, backward, left, right), or use one attack hit box & keep the animations as random.
c) Slow down weapon strike speeds.
d) Add automated dodge & parry & block for stat&skill based calculated response to opponent strikes.
e) Add override function 'Alt' for prolonged blocking/parry.
f) Remove mouse aiming for blocks & parry & dodge, replace with the same animations (automated) but with one defence hit box.

Solution
Simplify combat to two options: attack or defend. Use automation calculations from stats and skills. Keep animations. Reduce speed of attack action & remove 'chance' of success element on all actions. Simplify number of possible actions in both attack and defend.

I write this as a veteran pvp'er of over 20 years gaming experience in the hope you consider the opinion, which may lead to a more attractive game for combat orientated individuals.
I wish you all the best with your product, it has the potential to go far.

Regards

Chidar

PS have you ever considered seeking sponsorship from your government with respect to the provision of educational material from the standpoint of responsible management of resources? I say this as your product teaches people about lifecycles and sustainment of ecology etc. A message the government 'green' campaigns are wanting to push out to the public. They may entertain your concept as innovative, and I am sure an 'education' friendly version could be scripted. With the right IPR it could baseline your wider business goals in the gaming sphere. Try, Dept. of Education, Environment, or Business Innovation.