Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russians

Re: Russians

Okie wrote:
    Or my Obama brought them over one
    Or my vodka salary one.

Re: Russians

Xsyon wrote:
    Originally I had placed ads on various game development and art websites and I had applicants from China, Brazil, Spain, Germany, India, all over the world.

I was starting to form an international team when a Russian friend of mine recommended I look in Russia's 'Silicon Valley', Akademgorodok in Novosibirk.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...3482/index.htm

I spent a summer in Moscow a few years back and I really enjoyed my time in Russia, so this struck me as a good idea. It ended up being the best idea.

The week I placed an ad on Novosibirk's popular city website I had a slew of responses from candidates that fit exactly what I was looking for. The best and most experienced candidates came from two game companies that had just wrapped up projects with nothing solid planned for the future.

So I dropped the other international candidates, flew to Siberia, picked the best artists and programmers from these two groups and that's how the Xsyon team came together.

And for those conspiracy theorists that wonder why the company is registered in Nevada... that's where I live. :laugh:
    I think this is great! Please guys "think outside the box" on this game. I for one am tired of the garbage disguised as MMOs these days. Please....be the one!