Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Yes, standard US English keyboard. No problems typing elsewhere, including in the Xsyon launcher.
    What is your operating system? Are you running Windows 7 or another system?

Regarding the desynch on the Test Server: The Test Server is a less powerful machine than the Main Server and is situated in Europe. With the higher ping and slower processors, desynch that occurs on the Main Server is expected to be worse on the Test Server. The movement system needs to be improved with a better predictive system, which is not a small task to get right.

Regarding crashes when Alt-Tabbing in fullscreen mode: This is a well known issue. A lot of time has been devoted to trying to solve it in vain. I plan to look into it in depth after this current round of changes is patched to the Main Server.

Let's please concentrate on the issues in development for this patch which are listed in the top post. There are still many open issues, but I will get to them one by one. If there are any problems with any of the changes posted above or any new problems not present on the Main Server, please continue to bring them to my attention in this thread.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Regarding the desynch on the Test Server: The Test Server is a less powerful machine than the Main Server and is situated in Europe. With the higher ping and slower processors, desynch that occurs on the Main Server is expected to be worse on the Test Server. The movement system needs to be improved with a better predictive system, which is not a small task to get right.

Regarding crashes when Alt-Tabbing in fullscreen mode: This is a well known issue. A lot of time has been devoted to trying to solve it in vain. I plan to look into it in depth after this current round of changes is patched to the Main Server.

Let's please concentrate on the issues in development for this patch which are listed in the top post. There are still many open issues, but I will get to them one by one. If there are any problems with any of the changes posted above or any new problems not present on the Main Server, please continue to bring them to my attention in this thread.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.
    That does explain the added desync issues, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else being added with the patch that caused it.

So far looks great to me, I ran all the tests you asked here in this tread and working for me.

Skill gain from actions (scavenging, foraging, fishing) = Check ok.
    Skill gain from crafting = Check ok.
    Skill gain from running / jumping / swimming / hiding (check display and report) = Check ok.
    Scheme gain from crafting = Check ok.
    Scheme gain from pattern / blueprint = Check ok.
    Xp gain from skills = Check ok.
    Use count on skills = Check ok.
    Combat and skill gains in combat = Check ok.
    All keyboard input! = Check ok. (tried to think of all of them)

North East corner of Zone 698 south of the Big Lake
    I would like to say first how I like the extended camera view. I love seeing what's going on around me.
    I spent 6 hours testing.
    Resources, fishing and foraging, all gave stat, experience and skill gains.
    Combat,hunting and weapon and they also gave stat, experience and skill gains
    Currency all changed to Dollar bills
    Hiding gave skill gain
    Bone crafting gave skill gain and I learned 3 new schemes
    and all the keys work fine in all actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    What is your operating system? Are you running Windows 7 or another system?
    Yes, Win 7.

I just tested Fishing to my first Stat increase.

My Char
    Dex 14.0/10.0
    Int 14.0/10.0
    Beginning Fishing Level 25.0

244 Uses to receive 0.1 Dex
    56 Fish Caught
    End Fishing Level 28.0

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I have no issues with input on my end.

Field of View looks good. I would say you could go even wider if you wanted too. To me looks like about 30% wider, and also you made it so you could zoom out further. I'm not sure about the zoom out part, it was fine before, but I don't see a need to change it back. Its good either way.

After talking with Dang, we have noticed some other issues which are likely not related to this testing patch because it happens on live also, but I wanted to at least make you aware of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/industrialstrength/b/499111031

There is a link to a video we took to show how there is some odd lag going on where the server is desyncing from where the client sees the person and the server.

You will notice that on my screen with Dang running to hit me from behind it looks like he is swinging (and missing) about 5 meters behind me.
    Then when I try to do the same thing to him, on my screen it looks like I'm clearly right up on him and swinging but missing also.

You can't see my ping, and if you want I can load a video with it displayed, but my ping is 135ms the whole time.

Here is the quick test I did with MrDDT.

My PVP skills are laughable and Im sure that has a large part to play in the sheer amount of misses I had.

http://youtu.be/OSjC0l5V45s

Sark

The Test Server is open today for final testing.

If you find any issues with the changes posted in the top post or notice any problems that do not exist on the Main Server, please post them here.

If no problems are found this build will be patched to the Main Server.

Thanks!

No issues here. Thanks for the update.