Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Political Affiliation

Confess on the one thing you've never mentioned on the internet! What political ideology is closest to your heart? Are you a member of any party? A simple quiz can give you an idea, if you hesistate.

Here's me:
    http://www.politicalcompass.org/face....25&soc=-2.77]

Here are some famous figures:

I'm a member of the Social Democratic Party of Finland. And no, I don't know why I'm as left as Stalin. D:

So what is your stance?
    "If there was a little more light and truth in the world through one human being, his life has had meaning." - Alfred Delp

Re:Political Affiliation

Alfred wrote:

I'm a member of the Social Democratic Party of Finland. And no, I don't know why I'm as left as Stalin. D:
    Umm, because you're a member of the Social Democratic Party of Finland?

Europe generally leans left. Just look at the riots in Greece right now over proposed reductions in public spending. Compare to America where the public agitation (Tea Party) is for reduced public spending.

Scandinavia generally leans further left than the rest of Europe.

As for me, I'm a right-leaning libertarian, though if I recall correctly the political compass quiz puts me as a libertarian-leaning rightie.

Yep, I remembered correctly:

Compass Results

In general, I'm forced to side with the Republican Party (of America) on most issues, as the Dems have moved further and further off the reservation over the last decade. It's to the point where though I might agree with them on some issues, they're so destructive on the other issues that I can't in good conscience assist them remaining in office.

I think politics are outdated and hurt us more than help us. If anything I believe that if people would wake up and work with each other this would be a much better system:

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

That is all.

I voted Liberal democrat in the UK general election today.

dragonstripes wrote:
    I think politics are outdated and hurt us more than help us. If anything I believe that if people would wake up and work with each other this would be a much better system:

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

That is all.
    You do know, that the Zeitgeist movement is actually a political movement aswell. It's basically an anarchistic pseudo-intellectual stance, that tends to attract the dumb and the ignorant. No offence, though.
    "If there was a little more light and truth in the world through one human being, his life has had meaning." - Alfred Delp

Independent and centrist because both parties in the States have their lunatic fringes that seem to dominate their parties every now and then.

Here in Illinois though I have a "throw out the bums" mentality. We have just had two corrupt governors in a row (one from each party with one convicted and one about to be) and an existing legislature that is not solving a severe budget problem (second only to California's). All the politicians except the governor are avoiding the problem. The Green party will be getting many votes from me this year since they are the only third party with any sort of presence here.

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

Sarg wrote:
    In general, I'm forced to side with the Republican Party (of America) on most issues, as the Dems have moved further and further off the reservation over the last decade. It's to the point where though I might agree with them on some issues, they're so destructive on the other issues that I can't in good conscience assist them remaining in office.
    Ya, pretty much the same with me.
    pid73 wrote:
    It's about smashing with a tank over a minicar and looting it's trunk.

It varies from issue to issue but for the most part Im so far to the right I need a special chart.

Alfred wrote:
    You do know, that the Zeitgeist movement is actually a political movement aswell. It's basically an anarchistic pseudo-intellectual stance, that tends to attract the dumb and the ignorant. No offence, though.
    Yes I know it is a political group/movement, but as I don't care much for other groups I don't really know what it is classified as. I tend to think that since it has no place for politics or political structure once in place, it wouldn't really fall into any specific "category" of politics. From what I have read and learned about it (Not well versed in it) I'm interested to see why you think what you do, about it attracting the dumb and the ignorant that is.