Unstuck time on PVE

As I understand it the unstuck timer was introduced because of pvp exploits... Can pve have the unstuck timer lowered for the avid builders who need it quite a bit?

Why would you need unstuck for building?

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with the lowering or the time just wondering the understanding here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Why would you need unstuck for building?

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with the lowering or the time just wondering the understanding here.
    unless i'm doing it wrong multistory building requires alot of use of unstuck.

I never use unstuck for multistory building just FYI. You can use objects or dig differently using ramps to get back to the top. I also tend to have a lot more space to do it.

A long time ago I used unstuck before understanding the jump placement and then later standing on objects work.

I never use unstuck for multistory building just FYI. You can use objects or dig differently using ramps to get back to the top. I also tend to have a lot more space to do it.

A long time ago I used unstuck before understanding the jump placement and then later standing on objects work.
    agreed but doesnt' mean the timer is pointless for those that like to use it... not sure why you wanted to point out that other than to show us your uberness

My point is that you don't need to use it, and likely would even class it as exploiting it. Instead of building to do things, you will use the an exploit in the system, then ask to make it so you can exploit easier, instead of doing something the normal way like making a ramp, or a building platform.

Nothing to do with me trying to show off, I asked the question, you answered. I thought there might be another reason and you gave none so my thought is I see no reason to lower it for the reasons you give.

I would say the unstuck timer is a bit long anyways for other reasons. Mostly as you can't use it in combat anyways why not cut it down a bit.

My point is that you don't need to use it, and likely would even class it as exploiting it. Instead of building to do things, you will use the an exploit in the system, then ask to make it so you can exploit easier, instead of doing something the normal way like making a ramp, or a building platform.

Nothing to do with me trying to show off, I asked the question, you answered. I thought there might be another reason and you gave none so my thought is I see no reason to lower it for the reasons you give.

I would say the unstuck timer is a bit long anyways for other reasons. Mostly as you can't use it in combat anyways why not cut it down a bit.
    So you agree then... cut down the timer... would have been more productive to start the conversation that way

I dont agree that it should be lowered on PVE server just because theres no PVP combat.Just because theres no PVP does not mean you cant exploit unstuck in lots of other ways.

Travel would be the biggest so instead of going around this cliff ill unstuck up it with my cart.Or just doing unstuck over and over with an overloaded cart.Some might say unstuck up a cliff big deal who cares but your just making exploiting more easy on one server and saying screw you to the other.

good point unclean but seeing 2 cliffs within 3 minutes is not as like as a building project... since this post i have been more capable of not using it tho.