Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    When extracting seeds from a stack, the Extract action provides one seed but decreases the stack by two. Extract all properly gives one seed per plant in the stack. A single plant will also properly give one seed.

I added 25 green points to cooking before starting cooking. Ended up with 24.9 skill. The Novice roasting recipe didn't have a seasoning option. After adding one more point for 25.9 skill, the seasoning line was there.

I agree with Emilie that the scavenging animation for applying fertilizer is out of place.

Xsyon Citizen
    Since the reset my bins/containers appear to be behaving themselves, and fish are now being consumed when eaten raw.

I'm assuming your using LOD, as it appear that the Spinach plant has problems with its LOD, it turns into a small blob when you start to scroll out with the mouse wheel, and at even further out the Spinach plants vanish while the rest are still visible and selectable.
    Only found rice grass, spinach, cattail and sunflower since the reset so I don't if any of the other types I haven't found have a similar issue.

When I found some salt in sand it would not let me harvest/ pull it up.Tar is the same wont let me harvest.

douglas squirrl livers secondary effect gain agil and decrease agil.Rabbit meat is the same agil and agil.Squirrl meat is agil-agil.If and of these that have the same buff + and - the buff does not show up after cooked.

Cooking skill does not show an increase unless you close it out.

When you walk away from the fire the cooking window stays open and you can cook at any distance away from the fire.I think it should stay open so if you go to grab something real fast you dont have to reopen it etc but you shouldent be able to craft unless you have the fire buff.
    Last edited by unclean666; 08-03-2014 at 09:00 AM.

I'm working on fixes for all of the issues reported and will run a closed test first. I'll open the Test Server up again later today.

Thanks everyone!

The Test Server is up with some fixes and changes. If you can confirm some of these fixes or still find problems with these issues or anything else, please post. Thanks!

Fixes
    1) Problem with bins not opening fixed. This was due to the revised larger size of item messages exceeding the past size limit for such messages and causing the bin open command to fail.

2) Raw fish can’t be eaten. Only crop plants and some foraged plants can be eaten raw.

3) Problem with some armor displaying and applying double bonuses fixed. This was an error in the script converting the current database to the revised database required for this update.

4) Seeds should properly remove one count when extracted from a plant.

5) If a utensil is broken while cooking a stack of food, your cooking will stop.

6) Tar and salt should be properly gathered from basalt and sand surfaces respectively.

7) Ingredients with both a plus and minus to the same stat corrected.

8) Fixed issue with some recipe names changing at the wrong skill level.

9) Flavors should display on all food ingredients.

Improvements
    1) You can remove secondary ingredients from a recipe to cook. This will allow for more variations when players want food for health and energy without any stat effects.

2) Skill updates on your cooking panel if you gain skill while the panel is open.

3) Fertilize animation changed to a gather animation.

4) You can move with the cooking panel open, but you can only cook when within range of a hearth fire.

The fertilize animation is now gather, but it never completes after the timer.

I have tried the test server a everything seems to be working fine. I foraged... planted two sweet potatoes and 2 carrots... watered fine... I even saw the water level drop after a while and I had to re-water. Cooked up some fish kebabs and carrot kebabs and ate them fine. The only thing I did notice was that after eating the cooked items the buff wasn't showing up but a 0 was showing up in the buff bar. When near the fire the hearth buff was showing fine but after eating several cooked kebabs there was no energy gain buff just a zero. Other than that it all seems great.

I'm not understanding, might be a bug but currently if I make a food with 1 primary, I get about 12% Nourishment. If I make a food with 4 primary, 3 secondary, and 3 seasonings, I get 12% Nourishment. Skill also seems to have no effect on Nourishment.

It seems like this should change, as in some cases I don't want the buffs as much as just eating less. 30 seconds times 8 is a lot of eating, and if you are making the best foods that is a LOT of food items ate.

Also harvesting a bear gives the same amount of meat as a rabbit. Doesn't make much sense there either.

Had a little time to get on test yesterday and try the new content. The single best improvement for me was being able to kill an animal and harvest meat! Finally a hunter can get his grub on without fishing or foraging.

Hopefully we will be able to eat the meat raw, like fish, for some base sustenance.

I do agree that the amount of meat should vary based on some factor, size being the obvious best or alternatively it could be done like gut harvesting -based on power. This would still have bears and hamsters yielding one meat thought, at lowest power levels...

Question: I found the skewer recipe in my tool craft menu but did not find any of the new preservative basket recipes in my basketry menu (basketry 89). Do these have to be grinded for in order to get them?

Also, in running around collecting all the necessary ingredients for cooking my water and food levels both dropped to 0, I ran out of energy and I went into exhaustion. At 0 in both food and water exhaustion last for at least a full minute and it may have been more like a min. 30 sec. This seems like overkill. Especially for newer players who may have a slow time of it getting their chosen food collection skill up before they can begin to provide for themselves. Maybe a minimum of 30 sec exhaustion in the most extreme cases? or some minimum less than what there is now. Just a thought.

Other than that, and some of the things already brought up, this patch looks great!

Grats on this huge content addition! I'm sure it was a long slog.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by wastelandstoic View Post
    Hopefully we will be able to eat the meat raw, like fish, for some base sustenance.
    From what I seen earlier, almost everything now needs to be cooked before you can eat it, the only things that I've found that don't need to be cooked are fruit, water cress and the new plants, everything else has had the "eat" option removed.

EDIT
    Scrapper's rod only shows three lines of info, the name, who crafted it and the quality level, the durability and condition lines are missing.
    Last edited by Bejaymac; 08-04-2014 at 07:16 AM.