Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farmers/Bots

Farmers/Bots

I hate farmers/bots. I have never liked how they have polluted games I have played in the past and would like to know if there are tools in place to help prevent them from ruining the environment. I don't need to know what the tools are as we don't want the potential farmers to learn how to work around them but just knowing that it has been considered would be nice.

It appears that many aspects of this gameworld will naturally hinder them more than most games but what can we as a community do to help keep them out.

There always seems to be some people that want to buy their way to success and ruin games for the honest people.

Re:Farmers/Bots

Well, there's always the PVP approach :P

Beyond that, having someone keep an unofficial list somewhere with all of the names of suspected people.

This could be damaging to anyone who isn't evil since most farmers won't be evil themselves.

Tis why I suggested the second option... player enforced trade embargos.

I guess its a start. I sure hope this game doesn't have too many issues with this.

gregulate wrote:
    This could be damaging to anyone who isn't evil since most farmers won't be evil themselves.
    True but that is why Ancient Embers will be neutral in-game so we can go after things like this.

Even outright evil tribes will make "good" spy/support crafting tribes in-game to further their interests by taking advantage of the good-evil game mechanics. The general members of such a tribe may not even know their real purpose but their high level officers will. One should not underestimate the cunning of the destructive forces.

Oakstead wrote:

True but that is why Ancient Embers will be neutral in-game so we can go after things like this.

Even outright evil tribes will make "good" spy/support crafting tribes in-game to further their interests by taking advantage of the good-evil game mechanics. The general members of such a tribe may not even know their real purpose but their high level officers will. One should not underestimate the cunning of the destructive forces.
    I could be understanding you wrong here,
    Multicharacters?
    Isnt it one character slot only once live.
    Know we have had 3 to play around with now in preprelude. Thought this was temporary only.
    This is per account sadly it doesnt really fix multi accounts.

PvP is a good solution when a bot is caught. But this can be easily avoided if the bot is set to work during out of peak gaming times. Like late morning and afternoon by GMT...at this time USA sleeps, Europe is at work/school, so all the police work is left for the Australians, and I'm afraid we don't have enough of them for that. So ingame mechanics are needed for sure to avoid bots.

meradin wrote:
    Oakstead wrote:

I could be understanding you wrong here,
    Multicharacters?
    Isnt it one character slot only once live.
    Know we have had 3 to play around with now in preprelude. Thought this was temporary only.
    This is per account sadly it doesnt really fix multi accounts.
    Yes as you mentioned, only one character per account once the game launches but hardcore PvPers are well known to run more than one account in games so their main PvP character can be properly supported.

Veldern wrote:
    Well, there's always the PVP approach :P

Beyond that, having someone keep an unofficial list somewhere with all of the names of suspected people.
    That is why tribes in these sort of games need a good, organized intelligence service.