Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Renting was set to come into the game it's not there yet.

But I think it's silly that you think 2 real days is to short to have a cart in your way. If they reset the timer over and over, again simply contact a guide and report it.

Heck you could even block it up with your own carts and the person would lose their cart. You could even wall it in if you wanted.
    30mins is much to fast and just crazy. One of your tribe members couldnt even go eat dinner and comeback and their cart could be taken/moved.

What you are talking about is a rare problem and it deals with griefing. There are many ways to grief even with a 30min timer. Griefing is not allowed and fitting the rules to stop all forms of griefing makes the game limited in many other ways.
    This is also one of the reasons why PVE safeties allow more griefing than on the PVP.

Anyways, I think 30mins might as well be 0mins, which doesnt make sense. People living in other tribes need to have things that are safe from the tribe leaders.

Sounds more like you want to loot someones carts then you want to prevent griefing.If it is not broke don't fix it.

Xsyon Citizen
    2 real days is way too long for carts that are left unintended.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-23-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Xsyon Citizen
    another copy
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-23-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: dual post

I don't agree with this at all.

I feel that your using the word griefing too lightly and trying to scare us like ebola into voteing for a 30 min timer that no one wants since it is more likely to cause grief then leaving things the way they are.

Its really disheartening to see people give their opinions here and you shrug them off as if you know better and you've done the research to know that 30 mins is the exact perfect time to use.

Personally I feel the timers are fine on carts, in fact, I lose the majority of carts I leave outside of my tribe due to how effective it is. I feel your suggestion to have 30 mins would alow someone to drop a totem on any random cart, even one just barely outside of your tribe boarders, then drive it all the way home to their main tribe and lock it up in a room somewhere till they can fully loot it. Would be easy to do and would be more of a "grief" then what your suggesting by just leaving someones cart on someone else's land.

I think your so tunnel visioned on what you want and your not willing to listen to anyone else or even logical reason.

ddt brings up a good point too, pve alows for more griefing then pvp since players are not actually able to do anything about it, the only thing they can do is complain to a guide and hope they do something about someone cutting their trees or whatever else (as if editing the world in a open world game is a griefing problem, but people DO report stupid shit like even trees on pve cuz you can't do something about it yourself)
    Last edited by GreenSpade; 10-24-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Like I said, give tribe leader an option to give away/land or rent buildings or peace of land, and your safety issue is solved, but cart do need to have short timer so people won't leave carts all over place unintended.
    You only need one cart with you all the time, you simply can't haul ten carts at one giving time.
    People raid decayed tribes place ten carts and loot the whole place at once, since they can leave their carts for a long time and no one can loot their carts, they don't give anyone else a chance to loot, because they have tons of carts at disposal.
    Now tell me, who is a grieffer now?
    I am sure Xsyon can also add an option for tribe leader to grant permission to anyone to leave their cart in a tribe, add a timer so tribe leader won't cancel that permission ahead of time, could be one day, month or for a year at a time, this will grant all the safety a cart holder needed, but not in the open.
    And if 30 minutes is too short? give it 1 real hour, for cart to be moved.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-24-2014 at 05:23 PM.

The settings for carts, including timing, was thoroughly tested and player feedback was requested and weighed in final setting determination fully. There is virtually no way to set up any aspect of a game that can't be used by one player to upset another player in some way. A 30 minute timer is very unrealistic. It would mean carts would be lost during server maintenance and other issues of that nature.

There are many ways to protect your tribal lands already built into the game. The main ones that come quickly to mind are walls and gates. If you secure your tribe area, someone from outside your tribe can't get in to drop a cart and would be hard pressed to repeatedly get in to refresh it unless they dedicated that character to that one action by logging out in your tribe. If that is the case, we as Guides would gladly deal with the issue as that is obviously griefing and against the Terms of Service.

Carts are designed to be as safe a storage device for a player as possible while still being managed easily by tribe leaders. Changes were made to ensure a tribe leader could deal with carts left even by tribe members that have become inactive in a short time period.

The issues with control and parsing up of tribe land under various taskings, uses and timings is a very complex coding issue and one that, at this point, isn't on the horizon and really doesn't seem to be needed in Xsyon, yet.

If you are having an issue with someone griefing your tribe with a cart, please submit a trouble ticket and I will be more than happy to deal with the issue promptly.

That said, we do appreciate your input and the input of all our players and appreciate each of you for being a part of Xsyon. Please continue to express your opinions and suggestions for improving Xsyon. The staff does read the forums and take into account the concepts, suggestions and issues posted by the players.
    Last edited by GuideForcas; 10-25-2014 at 12:50 PM.