Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, you are right its the players fault for having an empty server.

So just to clear it up, it wasnt the lack of a PVE server why people don't play, it was the skill system, and PVPers are what caused the game to die also even though we have a PVE server with few people on it.

Understood. That must be that new logic that I just can't understand.

Anyways, good luck with your ideas Znaiika. I'm here just waiting for the changes in the game not playing and just hoping something is done. Maybe you are right. But so far PVE server didn't change the #s like all the pro PVE server peoples said it would.

Xsyon Citizen
    How easy it is to build mountain back together after it was disassembled chip by chip? it took ears to get population down, like harass people, make changes against players, talk trash, etc, etc. And you expect that population just come back to a broken systems, Xsyon was trying to please pvpers for so long he did not have time to even fix combat problems, he had to deal with pvpers all the time.
    So "it is" pvpers fault, for low population.
    PVE server should of been added at the lunch, and Xsion should of listened to the right people when made changes, Xsyon would still have had fair population.
    Small things like bins outside tribe, should have a few days before becoming open to public, giving new players a chance to drop and run off from danger, and work outside tribe to gather resources as labor for trade on the spot away from their tribe, and so no one could have excess even if dropping totem on top, small thing like this matter.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-10-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Xsyon Citizen
    I know enough about DDT and his arguments, all pvprs do is screw things-up then blame others instead, that trick is old.
    And those accounts DDT had could never pay for the lost subs from other players.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-10-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I know enough about DDT and his arguments, all pvprs do is screw things-up then blame others instead, that trick is old.
    And those accounts DDT had could never pay for the lost subs from other players.
    Znaiika you might have a point if the population of the server wasnt already going massively down before I even logged into the game after release.
    But who wants to look at the facts. Just keep going with the story in your head and the other few people you talk to about how some guy cause the whole server of 1000s of people to quit the game.

I'm a mastermind of destroying Xsyon! My work here is done.

Regardless of anything MrDDT has ever said or done, he didn't singlehandedly drive off players. It was a combination of things.

Mostly it was players expecting this game to be something it was not.

The pvp crowd expect MO or some other type of game, but that is not what they found.

The pve crowd wanted safety with a bit of excitement and to build in peace, that was more what they found, but still not enough reasons were here to accomplish anything except the joy of the doing of it.

NOW, as pve players we do have excitement in the form of mutant animals and revs that can get very strong.

I doubt we will ever have working pvp here. So to me the whole argument for doing it here is over and moot.

What I really would like to see is more reason to do what we do.

Like buildings decay, or bears can destroy our commisaries looking for food, or ultra strong band of revs that roam around the lake and cause havoc at each tribe they encounter unless killed by a group.

There needs to be reason for doing things, but pvp is not the answer for xsyon. it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    There needs to be reason for doing things, but pvp is not the answer for xsyon. it never was.
    This whole argument reminds me of Wurm Online, when Notch left the development team Rolf had free reign to make Wurm according to his own vision ... which was a hardcore medieval based PvP game.

It didn't quite work out that way, in fact he inadvertently created an almost perfect PvE Crafting MMO, not that it doesn't stop Rolf from still trying all these years later ... he just launched a new PvP server ... despite or because of the failure of the other PvP servers, with new rule sets to try and draw in that crowd.

Xsyon is no Wurm Online, Xsyon hasn't learned the lessons of Wurm Online, I strongly suspect that Xsyon hasn't learned any lessons from any of the more successful indie MMO development teams ever.

But Xsyon is a diamond in the rough, hell still buried in the ground if the truth be told and it can be made to shine.

But these arguments of Gankers vs Crafters are just carbon copies of arguments that have taken place on all the forums for all the other indie MMO games for the last 12 years.

We can argue and finger point as much as you want but it won't achieve anything for the game.

What we need is greater communication and openness from the Developer team, a structured dialogue with old and new players alike, a clear roadmap for the next couple of years (and a commitment not to damn well detour at any given moment) and some actual community support for this damned game.

Talking of which I have 10 mins to prepare for my Xsyon stream, gotta run.