Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Another option might be to slow down the actual crafting process by a factor of say 5x then increased the experience gained by maybe 4x. You would decrease the amount of actions and materials required thereby saving a bit of time on gathering and clicking, yet still gain the same experience for the same time spent crafting. This would eliminate about 4/5 of the clicking and dragging and gathering, would still maintain an appropriate time frame for leveling a crafting skill yet wouldn't required thousands or tens of thousands of actions and items to level a skill.

It may not be any less boring, but would seem a bit more realistic than the instant click "Item Made" current crafting process and save a bit of leg work on the gathering side.

One example I can think of was Vanguard. They had a very realistic (Yet difficult) crafting system that required you to add each item in stages before you could finalize the crafting process. It gave you the feel of actually making something and it took a lot of time to craft, but used much less materials feeling less grindy. (Is that a word?)
    This is a very bad idea IMO because the problem would be longer "inactive" or "non playing" timers.

So instead of 3s to 10s actions you would have 15s to 50s actions. Making it less active playing by a factor of 5. (Even though its boring at least you do something).

I don't think the clicking per say is the problem, its the lack of thought/activity that is the problem. I think to be honest it could take 10x more actions to get to max and people would be find with it IF it wasn't so boring. There are other systems on the market in other games that give more thought behind how to craft and even make it faster/slower/better based on how you do the action of the craft itself, like that Vanguard game. I'm not saying change it that much because that would be a major overhaul to the game.

About the
    A to B to get C grind for exp points
    issue, I think balancing the skills/action weight is the way to fix this. I briefly touched this saying it needs balancing but pretty much he needs to go through each skill and put more thought/weight/value into how hard mats/tools/skills are to train or get. It's a large task that needs to be done, no real way of getting around it. He also doesn't have to do it all at once. Take it a skill or 2 at a time and put thoughts into how he wants them.

Example:
    Bonecrafting is prolly the fastest skill in crafting to level. However, bones were rare/hard to get. Now that we get up to 8x more bones per kill, and animals being easier to kill and more animals in the game, this needs to be looked at again. Balanced.

Example:
    Tailoring used to take a long time to level, because the recipes for higher tailoring were capped at 35 skill (at least the ones that were easy to get the mats for)
    Now we have master cloth armor, which requires 90+ skill to make. Making it much faster now than before, with cloth mats being pretty easy to get means its a cheap easy way to level tailoring with fewer actions than before.

Example:
    Combat skills used to be much easier than now. Now we can't train on other players (I'm only considering the PVE server because PVP server is dead) so now the number of actions and the stat gain from killing mutants/animals is very very slow and takes a long time, pretty much forcing players to use green points to level it.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 12-16-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Last edited by romka2x; 12-19-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Killing every post I ever made.