Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Important Note:

Columns should not be tested at this point. I'm working on some optimizations and need to patch out my changes before columns can be properly tested again. This includes base posts.

Thanks!

Ok, I've patched a new build and columns are ready to test!

All colors now update without the need to move something to refresh the area.

Both Lunawyn and LaughingOak can't log into the test server anymore, I can't log in my account on Lunawyn's pc either. On my own pc I can still log in but I get severe (graphics?) lag and, probably caused by the lag, trying to move items most of the time results in them moving several clicks and sometimes I get the message items can't move beyond tribal grounds.

Corner walls can't be placed on posts while posts can be placed on corner walls.

The shadow of the Mason Base Post has the model of the Gelenkun post.
    The Gadu base post only shows the scaffolding.
    The Banaya and the scrapper Base Posts show only one half of the post which rotates so it keeps facing the camera.
    I placed the base posts around Zone:896 X:386 Z:424

Not sure if this is intended but the game sees the front corners of the Bamati Pointed Teepee half a meter in front of the base and the cones of the scaffolding. There is a piece higher up in the front of the teepee that sticks out that far.

Trusses and cantilevers still don't change color or are too dark to see the difference.

Posts and collisions have been mentioned several times so I'm sorry if this is double:
    Posts can be moved through a floor but floors not through a post. As the posts can be embedded in a wall that often means having to move the wall and everything that might be blocking it as well to get a floor in place.
    Having a way to select a base post that's in a wall would be very helpfull anyway.

Charon/ Tupux

Xsyon Citizen
    Need to make ghosts visible to everyone again.
    There's a long dead tribe near my place and it's mostly ghosts after someone removed some of the building materials and left the rest. I cannot select any of them to remove them, which means the terraforming will remain, and I will end up having to call in a guide to clear the site.

The Test Sever is up with the following changes:

1) Mason Base Post ghost fixed.
    2) Gadu Base Post ghost fixed.
    3) Banaya and Scrapper Base Ghost meshes fixed.

4) Posts should be able to move through floors and floors should be able to move through posts for placement purposes.

5) The dismantle check has been revised with the following changes:
    - Parts that can't support other parts (ramps, rooms and roofs) can be dismantled as long as no object is blocking the dismantle (such as a dropped bin).
    - Dismantle should not be affected by embedded columns or similar touching parts that are not actually supported by the part being dismantled.

6) Construction ghosts are visible again to all players. This is temporary. For the second building update I'm planning the following:
    - When a tribe is abandoned, all building projects in ghost form will be removed.
    - When a player dismantles a project on public land the ghost project will be visible. After 1 game day, this project will be removed. This will allow players to dismantle and retrieve materials, but they will have to do so quickly.
    - Ghost projects on private tribe land will not be visible to non tribe members.

Notes on other issues mentioned:

Posts can be moved through walls for ease of building. In some cases you can place a post entirely within a wall while doing this. I can't revise the selection code to allow players to select a column inside a wall like this. It's a tricky situation but I think it's best to allow freedom of movement for posts right now.

I will check on placing corner walls on posts.

I will check on the Bamati Pointed Teepee. The scaffolding for this part hasn't been changed.

I've tested situations with ramps inside trusses and I'm not having any problems walking up the ramps to an upper floor, either with the ramps at the truss level or with ramps on top of a floor. If you have problems walking up a ramp within a truss, please give me a location to check.

I'm not having any issues connecting to the Test Server and neither are the Guides who are around helping me today. There may have been temporary connectivity issues for some players.

Regarding trusses and cantilevers not changing colors, please give me a location to check or post a screenshot. All parts should be changing colors correctly. I checked your tribe area and everything looked ok to me. I noticed the tribe area has a lot of shade, so it may have been too dark to notice.

Next up:

Please continue to mention any issues or problems that still exist. I think this update is ready enough for a first public update. A second update will include further improvements and a lot of new building parts!

The Test Server has been restarted with the following changes:

- Corner walls adjusted so they can properly be supported by posts.
    - Construction movement panel organized with a clear 'handle' area to move the panel and an information box on the right side.
    - Selected building ghosts display their status (Valid, Invalid or Pending) in the top text display for the selected part.

"Regarding trusses and cantilevers not changing colors, please give me a location to check or post a screenshot. All parts should be changing colors correctly. I checked your tribe area and everything looked ok to me. I noticed the tribe area has a lot of shade, so it may have been too dark to notice."

Zone 782 139x725
    Here is a picture of the green, red, grey and black items. The grey and black are able to be built. The black ones and red ones are hard to tell apart at night or when looking at from different angles.

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry, I forgot to take the screenshots earlier, thank you Dabent for reminding me
    GuideUriel said you were already working on this but I'll post a screenshot with coördinates just in case.

On the right of the picture there are a Mason 4x4 Truss and corner truss for color comparison, these seem to be the only items of the trusses and cantilevers that show the right color for me. On the left are a Pioneer Corner Truss 4x4 that should be yellow and a Bamati Cantilever that should be grey.
    Position is Zone:896 X:389 Z:431

There is a Banaya 4x4 Truss on the right that looks like it has too many boards. You can walk through the extra boards.

The Corner cantilevers have no scaffolding.

Edit: the first uploaded picture was resized which makes it hard to see, I hope the picture I post now is better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_201534_23_33_46.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_201534_23_15_38.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	480  
    Last edited by Heimdall; 03-04-2015 at 03:41 PM.

I will try to post a better picture this time. Here is 3 8x8 frames on top of each other with the top one above the 2nd one to show it should be red but it is black. They are all black as a mater of fact. My ramps and floors will turn green but seems that frames and cantilevers like to be black. Walls ramps etc will turn RED when placed wrong so I know it is not the lighting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GREEN.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	482

Name:	YELLOW.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	483

Name:	RED.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	484

I've patched out updated files with new scaffolds for the regular and corner cantilever parts and I replaced the Banaya Truss 4x4 with the correct mesh (The other mesh was a future mesh I was testing. It will be a separate part in the future.).

Regarding the frames rendering in black:

I've checked out the locations in the screenshots and the colors are all correct for me. In the screenshots it's too difficult for me to tell if the meshes are dark grey or colored but rendering very dark. I have a few questions to help me try to figure this out:

1) If you log out and back in at these locations, do the parts still render 'black'?

2) If yes, is it always the same parts rendering black? (For example the left trusses in the left screenshot from Heimdall's post.

3) Do these parts render black during any time of day?

4) When you select the parts, are they showing their correct status in the selection text (Invalid, Valid or Pending)?

5) Please try turning on / off different graphic settings, such as shadows or HDR rendering. Do these have any effect?

It doesn't seem that there are any critical issues in the way of this patch, so I will review a few things tomorrow then this patch should be ready to go early Friday morning during the regular maintenance time!