Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
    Corner floors stay red when supported at all corners by posts but can be placed on a single post under the middle of the long side/ the center of what the square floor would be.
    I've fixed and patch this. Please confirm if you can.

Ghosts of items placed on stacked floors stay red.
    I am unable to reproduce this. Were your stacked floors in 'ghost' form or completed? What items did you place on the stacked floors?

Floors can only be placed on 2 2x4x2 platforms, not with 1 of them under the center, but can be placed with a 2x2x2 platform under the center.
    I am also unable to reproduce this. I'm not having any problems placing floors on 2x4x2 platforms.

Ghosts of all posts I tried, with the exception of the Mason Yakitil Post, stayed red when placed on unfinished floors 0.5 meters above the ground and on a finished floor placed on the ground.

After I raised 1 of the floors with it's supporting platform and the post on top of them the post became yellow. Even after I lowered them again to 0.5 meters the post placed on it was yellow and stayed like that when moved to another floor at the same height.

Other posts moved on the raised and lowered floor stayed red.
    All posts could be placed on a raised and finished floor although with the actual placing of some, for example the Banaya Weskiim Post, while standing on the floor the Banaya 4x4 truss under the floor got in the way.
    I also am unable to reproduce these issues.

Would you be able to set up these situations on the Test Server and give me a location to teleport to? I can then check these out personally to see what's going on.

Thanks very much for the tests!

Xsyon Citizen
    8x8 trusses and 4x4 cantilevers are in, only the Banaya 4x4 cantilever is working so far as all you get with the others is the building frame and no ghost, so avoid using them as once placed you can't do anything with them.

@ Heimdall, that spinning "target" you see when you have something selected, a small area at the center of it is the items support point, so with floors (and other larger items) there is a large area of it that can't be supported with small items like posts.

Ninja'd, that's what I get for checking the new stuff instead of posting lol
    Last edited by Bejaymac; 02-25-2015 at 02:03 AM.

Hello Heimdall,

I logged into the Test Server, ported to your location, joined your tribe and checked out your structures.

The corner floor on 3 posts works now, though I had to slightly adjust the supporting columns (you will see).

The other situations also look correct now. Please check again and let me know if the same issues reappear.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 02-25-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Corner walls aren't supporting each other, I've tried it with several of the corner walls I know how to make, the one on the ground is gray, but those placed directly above remain red.

They also remain red when on top of a truss, tried placings walls, posts and those base posts under them but they still stay red.

The only one of the problems I reported that am still seeing is with a Mason Stone Floor on top of 1 Banaya 2x4x2 platform but it does not happen every time. I have one setup at Zone:896 X:402 Z:435 where the floor stays red and one at X:388 Z:430 where the floor turned yellow.

Edit: Moving the red floor after re-logging solved the problem.

I also tried corner walls on top of each other and like Bejaymac reported, the top wall stays red.

Charon/ Tupux
    Last edited by Heimdall; 02-25-2015 at 05:11 PM.

I'm working on corner walls right now as they need to be handled a bit differently than regular walls. I'll post when the next minor patch is ready for testing.

Thanks guys!

It is not possible to place items on Low Limestone Walls, I tried with posts and walls.

A ramp placed by Tupux stayed red when on a stacked, finished floor, moving it did not help. When I moved the ramp with Charon it turned grey.
    After this I placed a ramp on the floors with Charon, it needed 1 click to turn grey. Trying again with Tupux produced more ramps and posts that stayed red.
    After placing a ramp and 2 posts with Tupux, I relogged and 1 of the posts turned grey after moving it. Posts I now placed also turned grey after moving them.
    I left 1 post and the ramp as they were, Zone:896 X:390 Z:455 Height:653.8

Charon/ Tupux

I can only get parts made on the ground to fit in. I tied a few different things (ramp, floor, truss) and no luck. I had to move to the ground and pull them up. Not a big deal just something I noticed.
    Also having a hard time getting ramps in that don't give me a major trip point. When I try to raise them a click to fix them they turn red. 3 out of 4 have not gone in well.

Edit: Cant get things to work right on ground (dirt) on part of our land that is 2 meters difference from the rest of property.
    Last edited by Dabent; 02-26-2015 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Needed more info

Cantilevers can be placed on posts or on a truss but not on walls. Like this it is not possible to build a column from trusses with walls around them, use 1 cantilever and continue the column, unless you place another cantilever on the other side.
    Would it be possible to have walls support cantilevers and/ or have walls with cantilevers attached to them?

It seems to happen randomly that correctly placed items stay red and relogging fixes the problem most of the time, but sometimes another relog is needed.

Charon/ Tupux

To Heimdall:

With the posts that are staying red for you, are they turning red:
    - on initial placement?
    - after you move them?
    - after you move another part?

Do they turn the correct color after you re-log or after you re-log AND move or add a new part?

Every time you add or move a part it should 'refresh' all parts in your tribe area. I'm trying to determine if the 'refresh' function is not updating everything at times or if this is a matter of precision where I need to increase some parameters to further accommodate floating point math imprecision.

Thanks!