Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    To Dabent:

Please give me a location to check and see what you are doing. I'm not seeing any of the issues you mentioned.

Are you adjusting your movement units to 0.1 or are you using the default 0.2 units only?

Regarding the Low Limestone Wall: I'll have to adjust this. It's a special case object that was the artist's mistake. It was kept in game because some players liked it.

Regarding placing trusses (like the cantilever trusses) on walls: Not for now. What you can do is use the base columns to support the cantilever on the other side of the wall. If this isn't clear, please let me know. I can build this quite easily and show you what I mean if needed.

I'll patch more changes today!

It happens when placing them on the ground and then moving them on another part and also when I place them directly on another part. After re-logging I have to move items before they turn grey or yellow.
    When it happens after placing an item directly on top of another item it will be red directly after placing. It will also stay red when I move it on another item, even when I can place items correctly on there.
    I have seen this now with placing or moving posts, ramps and the cantilever on both finished and unfinished floors, platforms and on a truss.

Hello Heimdall,

Are you moving items with 'snap' on or off?

The initial placement always occurs at the nearest 0.1 vertical unit from your player's ground position, so if an object is red until you move it, that's ok.

I just checked your constructions and saw many items in red when I logged in. Moving one item to 'refresh' construction set them all to the correct colors. Something is definitely strange and we'll see if my next patch makes a difference as I've adjusted the precision of the 'refresh' function.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    To Dabent:

Please give me a location to check and see what you are doing. I'm not seeing any of the issues you mentioned.

Are you adjusting your movement units to 0.1 or are you using the default 0.2 units only?
    If I build on my garden lvl I have to use snap (default 0.2) to get them in I have found. Same with jump build. My garden lvl is off of my build by 2 meters instead of 4. I keep snap turned off most of the time. But turning it on seems to resolve that issue.
    I am in zone 782 X140 Z725

I have snap off most of the time.
    All the items that were red had already been moved by me as well. Moving 1 item after re-logging would usually make that item turn grey or yellow but none of the others.
    Next time I get this problem I will try to use the snap option to see what happens.

Edit: I tried placing a post on a raised floor with snap off and even though it was at the same height I was on, it stayed red. Moving it with snap on solved the problem, the height of the post stayed the same.
    Last edited by Heimdall; 02-26-2015 at 05:07 PM.

I've restarted the Test Server with the following changes:

1) Placement check slightly revised to better account for floating point match imprecision. This should help prevent the problem reported with building parts sometimes not showing the correct state and color. We'll see.

2) Corner wall placement checks corrected.

3) All 4x4 cantilever trusses including corners patched. These should be auto-learned at architecture skill 5 for testing.

4) All 8x8 trusses patched.

5) Default movement unit set to 0.1.

To Heimdall: If you continue having problems with the architecture parts not changing state and color correctly, please post. I will continue to check your area and try other changes until this is resolved.

To Dabent: If you have any problems fitting parts together, please try with the movement unit set to 0.1. Using snap is also a good choice to align parts on top of each other.

Some parts (especially columns) may appear to be on correctly on top of a surface but they are 0.1 units off. Columns in particular have a visible part that extends below the column's actual position and placement collision.

To everyone: Please continue to report any current issues with a location for me to check. This build contains all parts I plan to patch as part of the first big architecture update. More parts including longer cantilevers and 16x16 frames will be part of a second architecture patch.

not sure if you've seen my post on the other thread. there are a few things which might be changed. http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...l=1#post102065

Placing items on other items with the snap button off now works as does placing corner walls on top of each other.

When moving items the scaffolding does not move along with it or snaps to the edge of a floor and stays there.
    The 8x8 trusses only produce a scaffolding.
    Building the 8x8 corner trusses and the 4x4 corner cantilevers starts the building animation but nothing is placed.

Charon/ Tupux

Auto-learned the new parts but they are not complete. The new corner cantilevers have no icons and do not appear after placed. The new cantilevers and 8x8 trusses only have the construction frames, not the parts that will appear after completed. They may be selected but not right clicked to move, open or cancel.