Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I've restarted the server and all parts should be patched out correctly now.

There are a few changes I will make tomorrow:
    - Ghost buildings for new parts need correct grey textures.
    - Some scaffolds will be improved (for example for cantilever parts).

These things are purely visual so they shouldn't affect testing.

The issue with scaffold outlines not moving should also be fixed now.

If any parts or icons are still not functioning, please post. Today's a bit hectic for me, so I'm trying to get these parts patched out and checked while juggling many other tasks.

Xsyon Citizen
    Ramps are still causing problems, placing them inside a truss leaves you with a large beam stopping you from climbing the ramp, you have to jump to get over it, placing a ramp on a floor first gives you less of an obstruction, but it still catches you as you climb the ramp.

I was testing the base posts for building a stairwell with, you need six for each floor (one for each corner and two between the ramps) and it takes a bit of juggling to get them to work, as they collide with other items in unusual ways, almost as if their collision (or the other objects) was slightly offset.

When you updated all of the cantilevers I take it you rotated the initial placement, as all of the Banaya Cantilevers I had placed (built as well as ghosts) had been rotated 180 degrees.

Logged in this morning and all my cantilevers where facing 180 degrees from how I built them yesterday (grrrrr) finished and ghost ones. I also have 1 base post that was built by a guide that is in the way of me fixing said cantilevers. Also after a re-log it is the same.
    I was trying to build an open in the middle 4-7 story building (ramps have trip issues 3rd floor and up) with a courtyard in the middle. So I had all of the cantilevers set so the legs would be up against the dirt wall and no have post out in the courtyard. If they have to point that way, legs to the inside, what is the point of them? the legs get in the way just like a truss would.
    782 139x725

I've patched out some updated files so that the textures the latest ghost parts are correct (grey) and to fix a few minor icon and mesh issues.

Regarding ramps within trusses: I'll see what I can do to adjust the player's ground / floor collision. It's not flexible enough right now and problems with thresholds, steps and ramps meeting up with floors have always been a problem. Ramps do work best with a floor under the base structure to align ramps with the top of floors instead of the bottom.

I could also create new stairwell parts that work better. The current ramps weren't really meant for building interior stairs, they were intended to be simple ramps that work with the platforms for thick walls you could walk on, etc.

Regarding a stairwell with 6 columns: Adding 2x4m floors will also resolve the specific situation you are talking about without the need for middle columns. (and these will be coming soon, either in this update or the next). Personally I've been building nice ramps that work well using a 8x8 frame on my local test server.

Regarding cantilevers: Yes, I rotated the meshes to make the system more consistent. That's just part of testing.

Regarding base posts: These are deliberately offset posts so that they can match up with trusses and roofs better. The best way to align them is by using the central scaffold post and then rotate your base post into the desire position.

To Dabent: I checked your location and I believe GuideUriel removed the post in question and you were able to rotate the cantilever trusses, correct? Everything looked fine at your location.
    Last edited by Xsyon; 02-27-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Just a quick note:

I'm going to further adjust base post and possibly regular post (column) placement collision.

Ghosts for the trusses and cantilevers don't change color when they are in the wrong position. They also don't get highlighted when I hover over them with the cursor while their scaffolding does get highlighted.

Charon/ Tupux

To Heimdall:

That's strange, but let's check this again after my next update. I've made some optimizations and additional checks to the system that I'm currently testing on my local server. Once these are ready I will post here again.

Thanks!

Roofs on platforms stay red and moving the roof with "Snap" selected makes it fall through the platforms.

Regarding roofs (and trusses) on platforms: Since right now you should be able to move ramps and platforms inside roofs and trusses, snap will make the roofs or trusses fall through platforms and they won't be able to be properly supported. I will check and see if I can set up a special exception for this situation, allowing for snap and placement to work but allowing the builder to move trusses through platforms with the up and down arrows. I'll post after I figure out what can be done.

The Test Server is open with the following changes:

- Project site scaffolds and ropes do not highlight or select (as they were just getting in the way). These are now purely visual.
    - Names for some parts revised for more consistent names indicating the size in meters of the parts.
    - Placement checking code improved. I removed a culling optimization that could have been setting parts to red when they shouldn't be.
    - Base post collision and placement bounds adjusted.
    - Built architecture shows the current position when selected, for tribe members only. This helps builders align building ghosts with existing parts.
    - Placement code further optimized.

Next up:
    - I will check on placing roofs and trusses on top of platforms but still allowing platforms to be placed inside these parts.
    - I will check and adjust floor collision for situations such as a ramp inside a frame.
    - I will set up roofs, floors and complete buildings to block rain from anything under these objects instead of just a set volume underneath.

This build includes some optimizations that have not been thoroughly tested. Please note any problems you still encounter with a location for me to check (even if they are reported above).

Also, please move at least one architecture part to 'refresh' all parts in your tribe before testing this build. An initial full refresh of parts is necessary with this update.

Thanks!