Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    how will this change bring new player to the game? i mean new player wont come after this patch is (maybe) implemented, because of the change. also new player who join wont even take note of this since they dont know how it worked in the past. keep of new players will be worse couz they can see things players builded up in the past which they are not able to do anymore.

i think it decrease the creativity of bouilders, and i count myself tho those who are building a lot of difficult things as well. the new system is no math anymore, its lego.
    i also see issues about ppl who currently work on a project, as i do. icecold does, i'm sure there are a whole bunch who do, on both servers. their projekt will mess up for a few reasons:
    1. as you can see on testserver, dropping from a roof wont work anymore -> you now cant build with 4m distance, to make buildings fit, you need to do it by 4,3m
    2. you wont be able to place walls exactly in the spot where you need them, you need to have them 0,2m outside the roof to make them fit ( as you have to if you dont drop )
    3. you cant leave ghosts to check, you need to build, dig dirt away, and build the next stories. any misstake means you have to dig dirt up by 4m again + trouble with buildings who block you terraforming.

IMHO, the new system is a step forward, couz we have new possibilitys, especially that we can ( if its not a bug on testserver right now ) move projekts into the underground and still build them which helps us to create a "kind of" furniture. But the old system should still work in the same way as it did. both together would be a great additional implement. messing the old one and adding the new one without compormisses, in respect of what players builded up over past 5 years is just rude. i know the old system was not supposed to work as it (still) does, and ppl found a way to make multiple story buildings. now we officially gone do the same with limitations we didnt had before. there are 3 ways to finish it:

1. remove all old floating areas, also big housings without any architecture below a floor. that would mess with the vet players and i'm sure the game will loose a bunch of them this way. but it would satisfy the new player who wouldn't cry that there are building which they can not rebuild in their tribes.

2. keep the floating areas, get lots of crybabys who get pissed that there is stuff they can not rebuild. satisfaction for veteran players - newbs instead of vets will leave the game.

3. the only way which make sense, keep the old system, at least keep it working like this and add some new features which are already done ( move stuff up, move stuff faster, add colors to the ghost, add the frames and such ) to satisfy everyone and keep the stuff ppl builded up over years.

some may not have recognized that if floating areas are not possible + removed anymore, they will see all their big housings on the ground. not just my treehouse or willowhawks projects. unless you putted a wall/post under each floor.
    Last edited by Pwnuts; 01-31-2015 at 12:58 PM.