Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

03/24/2015 - Trading Post Feedback - Test Server

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is open for testing an upcoming feature: Trade with tribes beyond the mist.

Here is how is works:

1) Select a complete building (such as a tent or teepee) and choose Assign Use from the drop down menu.

2) Assign the Trading Post use to the building. This is similar to assigning the current Commissary use.

3) When a building is assigned as a Trading Post, you can see and select Trade as the top most selection from its use menu. Selecting Trade will open a panel similar to the Trade Totem Panel.

4) On a regular schedule, the Trading Post will be populated with schemes, patterns and blueprints from a specific 'tribe' that you are trading with. (For example Bamati, Pioneer or Mason tribe). Prices will be in dollars and should match or exceed current going rates for similar items.

5) Some schemes will be available only through Trading Posts and at high prices. This should create a use for veteran players with hoarded dollar bills.

6) Unsold items will be cleared out on a regular basis.

7) Signs denoting the Trading Post and Commissary functions now appear attached to buildings with assigned uses.

8) Homesteads will not be allowed to place a Trading Post. This feature will be available for tribes of band size and above. Larger tribes will have their Trading Posts updated with new items more frequently.

For testing only:

1) Homesteads can currently assign one Trading Post.

2) Trading Posts are updated once per game day.

3) Trading Posts are limited to 20 items at a time.

4) You are currently trading with the Bamati tribe only, with a limited selection of available trade items.

Next up:

1) Players will be able to choose what tribe they are currently trading with. This will determine the type of items being traded.

2) Proper update times, items listed and prices will be set based on feedback.

Please post feedback on the following:

1) Do you encounter any bugs or problems with the system as is?

2) What do you think price ranges should be for schemes, patterns and blueprints?

3) How often do you think traders should 'visit' the trading posts?

4) How much time do you think items should remain unsold in the Trading Post before being automatically removed?

Excellent! Love the idea of this....

Xsyon Citizen
    Sigh yet again the solo player gets screwed, either make all features available to all players or stick them where the sun don't shine

I'm a solo player and it's not getting screwed. I see it as a reason to get out and explore and visit other tribes.

1) I did not encounter any problems.
    2) The high end schemes should be $15,000 or more. IHMO. $10,000 as a minimum.
    3) I think the traders should visit twice per real life day.
    4) It seems like to me that 3-4 real life days would suffice for recycling things.
    Last edited by millsdo; 03-24-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    What's the closest tribe to your Euin toon that is large enough to add a trading post, will they let you in to access it, that's assuming Jordi hasn't set it to only be usable by tribe members.

For me in 904 that might be Sierra Nevada in 903, but they are in the middle of building and I don't know if they have enough members yet to count, otherwise I have to head to the lake and visit the VR.

Now that's no problem for me as I run that road often enough, but a lot of the players in game don't even use the global chat, many of whom just don't want to interact with other players, so forcing them to "interact" could drive them away from the game.

Then there's the "favoritism" towards large tribes, not sure if Jordi's been watching but we are losing more and more of them, three have gone in the past couple of months, and some of the rest are pretty much on "life support".

Suggestion:-

Jordi you already have a system in place that this could work with, the trade totem, just add a new tab to every one in game, that way players can access it no matter how far from home they are.

I could not find a limit to the number of trade buildings that could be set up (stopped at around 20).

I do not see a need for this feature at all. It will kill what little trade there is between players. Generally the only trade for blueprints. (Carts don't wear out at all and armor is really slow to take damage.) I just sold a few armor schemes, and that was the first time I was able to do that in 3-4 real world years. Generally the only way I can make money for the totem upkeep is to scavenge for schemes other people might want. This will lower the value of those schemes at whatever the price is set by the Mist tribes. Players will just wait for the convenience of a rare scheme showing up for sale in their borders rather than checking if another player has it for sale.

It's a money sink where none is needed.

If the Mist Traders would buy things, and then only sell those things at a big markup, that would be better, but would still distort the economy as everyone would soon have everything they need. You could sell duplicates and useless schemes (e.g. Master Scrapper Leather tools) to get the money to fill in gaps.

There are lots of things on the development list that would add to the game, while this is a game killer for me as I will soon be unable to pay tribe upkeep.

I agree with Thurgond on ONLY one point: I think a max of one trading post should exist in any tribe. That or regardless of how many you place they all show the same list anywhere in tribe (which would be nice).

I also really like this purposed feature! I think it will help to relieve players who get frustrated with not being able to find things they want to build and leave the game.

I do agree with the sentiment that homesteads should be able to have both commissaries and a trading post. As there are many more people playing in single/ small groups than there are people playing in large tribes. But, at the same time you want to give incentives for people to grow their tribes. In this particular instance I'd say find another way to give that incentive and open both these structures to everyone.

1) I'll try to check it out tonight.

2) Schemes & patterns: $200-$400, Blueprints: floors/post/fences/tents- $1500, walls/ramps/platforms- $3000, roofs/gates/canopies- $6000, New BP's- $10,000 (after 6-8 months real time the New category would remain for future new BP's but all current new BP's would drop into the $6k category).

3) Once every 24 hrs. (real time) seems ok.

4) For simplicity sake this could happen at the same time the trading post is revisited, once every 24hrs. (Or whatever interval is decided)

-Or assuming 20 items is the max that can ever be for sale at one time. Have empty slots repopulated once every game day. Have all 20 slots refreshed when the trade post is revisited once every 24 hrs.

5) Some schemes will be available only through Trading Posts and at high prices. This should create a use for veteran players with hoarded dollar bills.
    8) Homesteads will not be allowed to place a Trading Post. This feature will be available for tribes of band size and above. Larger tribes will have their Trading Posts updated with new items more frequently.
    1) Players will be able to choose what tribe they are currently trading with. This will determine the type of items being traded.
    See #8 above
    Quote Originally Posted by Bejaymac View Post
    Sigh yet again the solo player gets screwed, either make all features available to all players or stick them where the sun don't shine
    If you have been here since beta and have huge tribe your good. Hell even if you HAD a big tribe at some point but only have 1 paying sub your good. But those of us that are a bit newer are screwed (or pony up the cash for 4 more accts).
    We could by chance, on some rare occasion, sell something in chat. That will now be an even less likely possibility. Some of us do not want to be in a big tribe but still want to trade. For a "player driven game" this update seems like the complete opposite of that. Why not just tie our trade totems together? Let the players drive the economy?

I think those Trading Post is a nice idea!
    But for all Player i accept with DABENT!..it destroys the Player trading! All Player are only waiting on her Trading Post for good things.
    But those idea is only perfect for Points of interest or GM EVENTS or constant Player Events!
    ALL PLAYER(new or old) must doing anything to become Access to those TRADING POST!
    Make those building the same as a campfire!..But...make the farming more interesting.we Need more the farming endproduct!
    - they must put in this Slot "Potato..or Carrots" to activate a timer.
    - If the put in the Slot 10 Potato...Carrot (and so on)the timer is 1 Minute.
    - if the put in the Slot 100 Potato then it is 10 minutes.
    - and if they put in a second Slot a other Food as in the first Slot the can Change the rate of actually the tradepost

or make this a GM Building if a Player/GM wanted make a ongoing Event!...Players are willing now to make the events

I think he has much bigger plans and this is just a first step. I like the idea. I am a solo player and have been since 2011. I don't want to be part of a large tribe but I do want to interact with other people in game. After all, it's an MMO. I do have several toons but there are large tribes near all of them.