Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cant go trough all kinds of rails + their gates.

already on the mainserver, if you put a wall under a roof (middle), lets say mason brick roof 8x8 and mason granite wall there will be a gap on top of the wall. would be good if its possible to move a floor under the roof (4m from basement) to hide the gap.

The Test Server is up with the following changes:

1) Collision on ghosts for new railing parts removed.

2) Proper files for the Scavenger Railing Gate uploaded. This should work properly and not turn red when completed.

3) Proper collision files for all gates uploaded. Gadu Railing Gate should allow for parts to be placed correctly on both sides.

4) Gadu Railing II variants should now require leather materials.

5) Building 'rooms' should be able to be placed on floors and under or within trusses and roofs.

Notes:

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond
    The Banaya Deck 2x4 seems off. The other Banaya floors use grass mats, but the deck uses Medium Wood Boards. Also this deck uses a different but appealing texture.
    This was an artistic decision and it's fine. It fits well enough with the Banaya set.

The Bamati 2x4 floor and deck use the Scavenger floor textures. The 8x8 and 4x4 Bamati floors have leather coverings.
    It's actually the same floor texture used in the larger floors, just without the leather tarp on top.

The Scavenger Deck 2x4 appearance has some extra boards on top that aren't there on the Scavenger floors.
    Another artistic decision. The Deck parts weren't meant to 100% match the floor parts. They should add some variety. Some of the decks are very similar to the floors and may be adjusted later. I just worked with what artists had made a long time ago but we never had a change to implement to create these parts.

Fixes for 1-4 above confirmed.

Thanks for your notes on the artistic decision.

The "rooms" in 5 seem to be to be a small selection: pup tent, smokehouse, scrapper picnic canopy. Was able to place scrapper box tent under truss, but had to jump place the ghost to put it on a floor. I especially appreciate the ability to place walls and railings under trusses and to move ghosts through trusses.

Hi thurgond,

'Rooms' includes all stand alone buildings (tents, tee-pees, etc.). If you're having problems with a specific building please post the following information:

1) Name of building type
    2) Exact problems you are having, for example: Unable to place building on upper floors or unable to move building through truss.
    3) Location where you are building this (so I can log in and check the exact situation on the Test Server if needed)

Note that 'rooms' can be placed on upper floors only if all corners are supported and the corners are based on rectangular bounds at the building's base. Many 'rooms' can be placed on upper floors only if there is enough space for the base. I've been testing on a 8x8 truss with 4 4x4 floors on it.

Also, 'room' ghosts should be able to move through all trusses. Other parts should still not be allowed to move through trusses through unless they are moved into a correct position (for example, walls should be able to slide into the centers). Are you able to move all parts through trusses or just 'rooms'?

Thanks very much for the quick feedback!

Rooms that give "...floor in the way" message when creating the project irregardless of any trusses above include: scavenger box tent, scavenger sheet tent, Bamati sheet teepee, Bamati pointed teepee. Same message if floor is complete or a ghost.

Thought I could place a Scavenger Sheet Tent inside under an 8x8 truss set up on posts (@781:226,614), but couldn't jump place it. However, this tent is over 4 m high (not counting the antenna) so that makes sense now.

Can place walls inside this location (inside with 8 m ceilings). Cannot place most gates (get "...floor in way") in same spot. Can jump build new railing gates, but not old 4 m. high gates. Pioneer Log Gate is the only exception among the gates I know that can be placed directly on a floor.

Ok, gotcha. You should be able to place those 'room' buildings in air or nearby and move them into the truss area.

Direct placement is a bit trickier because it uses your players position which is not going to be 100% on the grid. I'll try adjusting the initial placement to put parts slightly above your position, or I could add a second adjustment variable so that you can adjust the initial placement height relative to yours. That will allow placement slightly above the floor, then you can snap the building down onto the floor.

I'll see what I can do.

The collision of the Mason Railing gate when opened is larger than it's model. Not sure if that makes sense so I will add a screenshot where I run into the gate while I should pass it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015412_14_52_4.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	491  

The Gadu Deck needs a hammer to complete but the only materials used are grass thatches and twine.
    The Gadu Railing II 2m does not require leather.
    The thumbnails in the architecture window show the Railing I pictures for the Railing II's.

Charon/ Tupux
    Last edited by Xsyon; 04-12-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Hello everyone,

There is a bit of confusion with part placement.

There are two ways to get a part into place: Initial placement and moving a part into place. These work slightly different as sometimes you can't directly place an object, but you can place it in the air or nearby and then move it into that location.

This happens because the initial placement is based on your current position. Due to floating point math imprecision, your position may register as intersecting with current floor you are on. This will cause the 'objects in the way' message even though you could place the new part nearby and move it to this location.

I'm working on a few things right now:

1) Slight adjustment to the initial placement so that you can place parts in any location you can move them to. I may add a setting you can set the initial height for placement (similar to how you can currently place the initial distance from your toon).

Would this help?

2) Reworking trusses a bit. Right now you should be able to slide walls into the center of trusses and roofs. Some players are having issues with this though. I think I can allow for walls to be placed anywhere inside a truss, just not intersecting with the truss posts. Possibly I can allow intersection with the truss posts as well. I'm giving this some thought and testing out various situations.

3) Adding larger trusses with cross beams (for example a 8x8 truss with beams across the center). This will allow for placement of items above or in the center of the truss without having the items float and it will allow for placing 4x4 trusses on top of the 8x8.

I'll have a build ready with these changes as soon as possible.

Thanks!

The Test Server is up with the following changes:

1) Walls can now be moved through trusses and roofs. This should make building easier and allows for additional flexibility as walls can now be placed at any point along trusses as long as the ends of the walls are supported.

2) The initial placement function has been revised. It should be easier now to place rooms (for example) directly onto floors without having to place them nearby and moving them into position.

3) New part: Truss 8x8 m X
    This is a truss with central cross beams. These should support walls, 4x4 m trusses and other parts above (as long as the parts are properly supported by the beams.

4) New part: Cantilever Truss 4x8
    Longer cantilever truss

5) Gadu Deck no longer requires a hammer.

6) Gadu Railing II now requires leather.

7) Thumbnails for the Railing II set corrected.

Note:
    The collision on the Mason Railing Gate is a bit larger than the actual model because all gates use the same collision (it's an optimization). I'll think about revising that one specific gate, but it's a minor issue, so I may leave it as is.

I think that's it!

Please let me know about any building issue that still doesn't seem right with this current Test Build. As you all know it's been a crazy week for me with the sudden crash and data mess on Sunday! I'm trying to catch up now and get this next architecture patch out as soon as possible. I may have missed some minor issues already reported.