Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Regionally scavenged items?

Are all items found in all scavenge piles? Or do only some parts, say of a cart, fall one place while the rest fall only in another place. If so where can we find this list? Or is this just wonder around blind hoping to find the right pile just by chance?
    I do see that higher level items, craftsman adept, fall in higher danger levels. But am I more likely to find item X in pile B or does item X only fall in pile Z?

Scavenge piles are not really a factor of what you find, they just increase chance of success. The area determines what you find.
    You will see the name of the area, and they have a list of items that can be found in that area.
    Scavenge piles are like 8x more likely of success from my records, than on a grass tile.

Foraging is not like this, foraging has a different style of table system.

Higher level recipes are not based on skill or danger levels however, the color of items tiers are like purple vs white items.

Many items are found in many areas, some are in almost all areas, while others are only in a couple areas. Remember AREAS not zones.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Scavenge piles are not really a factor of what you find, they just increase chance of success. The area determines what you find.
    You will see the name of the area, and they have a list of items that can be found in that area.
    Scavenge piles are like 8x more likely of success from my records, than on a grass tile.

Foraging is not like this, foraging has a different style of table system.

Higher level recipes are not based on skill or danger levels however, the color of items tiers are like purple vs white items.

Many items are found in many areas, some are in almost all areas, while others are only in a couple areas. Remember AREAS not zones.
    Ok I'm confused. You mean there is a list of items that can be found in specific areas of the map? If I understood you correctly, where can we find that list?

I don't have my list anymore, but there is no known list. You have to figure it out through data collection. Do enough scaven and you will find everything on the list over and over. You can even find the % chance to find a type of item. Also you can find the % chance of rarities.

I've done about 100k scavs and I used to track them, but he would change the tables with a new scav patch here or there, and force me to recollect all the data. I no longer play this game anymore, but I don't think the tables have changed in about a year or so.

So what you are saying is...Yes we have to just wonder aimlessly over scav piles hopping we hit the right one.
    To get a reasonable sample size to do what you are saying will take years and years (just to learn I was on the wrong pile). 1000s even 100,000s is not a good sample size to much luck and to many items in this game. Just because I didn't get a certain BP after 1000 hrs of scav does not mean it isn't there. Just means I have bad luck. Maybe?!?!
    If that is the case, we have to circle the map in hopes we find the right pile, then that just about does it for me. Map is to big to just guess at what pile holds what. Especially now that that is the way to get the new building parts. Maybe you can be inspired but I am over 13k uses since my last "inspiration" so not going to happen for me that way it seems. So to just wonder aimlessly is not a lot of fun, actually it sucks, grind out the scavenging is part of the game and fun. But to just have to guess where to scav not so much. I do not have to guess to scav in the extremes for adept cart parts I know they are not in the easy ares.
    How about a list or even a hint maybe an addition to the wiki? Here is a novel idea put a world trade totem at founders (or anywhere) and we could have an economy and buy/sell these things!

the kind of recipe have nothing to do with the danger lvl. most of the blueprints can be found in 2 or more areas as for what i figured. you can find master wrainwaight parts in low danger zones as much as 5 slot parts in extreme.
    same for normal items, therer is some metal misc like saw/knife blades and such which cant be found everywhere.

yes, you can do 20k grabs in a area and can't be sure that this pile wont drop the item you'r looking for.

You had 13k uses since your last recipe and you had reached max? now you have more recipes and it seems as more recipes you miss, than easier you get them. ( i returned with about 350 recipes in leathercraft and had a max of about 1,2k couz the new armors was implemented when i was absent. i learned a recipe every 3-5 crafts in the beginning. slowed down when i was getting closer to the max )
    also consider that tribe bonus help on inspiration + (quote wiki) Intelligence (increases inspiration chance for all skills)

i had a list with almost all BPs, locations seems to have changed and i already have a large new list. but honestly i wont share it for 2 reasons: 1st its a lot of work to do it, 2nd i'd kill the rest of economy and avoid trading. you can make a list and see if someone helpson it if you think thats helpful, but prolly it will be changed in the future again, when most of the locations are known.

With BP's being fairly rare, it takes a long while to see what is available in each area. However, the most commonly traded items are BP's. Even if you mostly scavenge in a handful of area, in a few weeks you will have found what you want from that area. A few more weeks and you will have found duplicates of those patterns and can trade for what you want.

If you want a specific BP, the best way is to ask in chat and here in the forums.

Adjacent areas seem to have types of BP's in their scav tables, eg. scavenger platforms/ramps and pioneer carts in my general area.

Perhaps the biggest factor in determining if you will get an inspire is your ratio of know to max schemes. With the increase in everyone's max arch schemes, there should be more architecture inspires all around now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnuts View Post
    i had a list with almost all BPs, locations seems to have changed and i already have a large new list. but honestly i wont share it for 2 reasons: 1st its a lot of work to do it, 2nd i'd kill the rest of economy and avoid trading. you can make a list and see if someone helpson it if you think thats helpful, but prolly it will be changed in the future again, when most of the locations are known.
    I have tried MULTIPLE times to trade with YOU (pnuts)! Every time I ask you say "yeah I got that but I'm going to hold on to until something better comes along." And never even take an OFFER or say what you want. (one time you did then re-niged) This game has NO economy and a worse community. You are part of the problem not the solution Pnuts. If you want players to stick around you try to be kind instead of selfish a-hole.

Why is it so hard for the Dev to say "hey you are more likely to find item X in the south and item Z in the northwest." Why is so hard for fellow players to not be douche bags to each other. Does it kill the game for someone to say hey I found this cart BP in this scrap pile? NO! I still have to go all the way there scrap for hours and hours and most likely not find it. Players will not say where they found a BP for a cart but will give you a cart, for free, if you ask. That is hurting the game! That is giving the game away! Find a BP, but not say where, then just give it away when someone asks, is killing the game. Anytime I ask in chat things are just giving away. Or have an economy to buy sell trade for items.

Between, "I have that" , "figure it out yourself" or acting like 10 year olds I have turned chat off. Sad because I did come here for the multi and massive part of MMO. Now it is a solo game with my one tribe mate.

It's not hard for a dev to do that, but as with almost every mmo I've played they allow the players to explore and figure things out and not just tell them every detail about the game.

Have you ever played an MMO where the devs told you every item that drops off every mob in the game? No.

I'm looking for, say for an example, a knife blade and it is only found in the southeast. Giving me that info is not giving the game away. I still have to 1. believe what you say 2. scav for hours/days/months to find one.
    Letting a player know he should be in the south not the north or where ever is just a way to build a community and make friends. This selfish crap of I worked for it so should you is petty and childish. No wonder the population in this game sucks and never increases.