Hello Xsyon Citizens!
The Test Server is open for finals tests on an upcoming feature: Trade with tribes beyond the mist.
This thread is for a technical discussion only so that I can set proper variables and wrap up this feature.
General feedback on the game economy and upcoming building uses will be requested in another thread.
Here is how it works:
1) Select a complete building (such as a tent or teepee) and choose Assign Use from the drop down menu.
2) Assign the Trading Post use to the building. This is similar to assigning the current Commissary use.
3) When a building is assigned as a Trading Post, you can see and select Trade as the top most selection from its use menu. Selecting Trade will open a panel similar to the Trade Totem Panel.
4) From the Trading Post panel, hit the Select Tribe button to choose a tribe to trade with. Choose one of 7 Mist Tribes to trade with.
5) On a regular schedule (currently once per game day), the Trading Post will be populated with schemes, patterns and blueprints from a currently select specific 'tribe' that you are trading with. (For example Bamati, Pioneer or Mason tribe). Prices will be in dollars and should match or exceed current going rates for similar items.
6) Some schemes will be available only through Trading Posts and at high prices. This should create a use for veteran players with hoarded dollar bills.
7) Unsold items will be cleared out on a regular basis (if they are unsold for one real week).
8) Homesteads will not be allowed to place a Trading Post. Tribes of Band size and above are allowed one Trading Post. Larger tribes will have their Trading Post updated with more items each update.
For testing only:
1) Unsold items are cleared out after 2 game days.
2) Trading Posts are limited to 20 items at a time. This may be the final limit as well, but I welcome your input on this.
3) The current prices for schemes are as follows:
Armor: Normal $100 Artisan $250 Master $500
Tools: Normal $100 Artisan $250 Master $500
Weapons: Will be added after Weapons are revised.
Floors, Walls, Posts: $1000
Rooms (Tents etc.) / Ramps / Platforms / 4x4 Trusses : $2000
Roofs / Gates / 8x8 Trusses / Beams: $5000
Smokehouse / 8x8 Roofs: $7500
Pioneer Canopy: $10000
New Rare Parts (16x16 Truss and Beams, 4x8 Cantilevers): $10000
1) Final prices may be revised further based on feedback and research.
2) Final update times and variables may be revised based on feedback.
3) Tribe selections will be improved with nicer image buttons.
Please post feedback on the following:
1) Do you encounter any bugs or problems with the system as is?
2) Items for sale will include Tool Schemes, Armor Patterns and Architecture Blueprints. What do you think price ranges should be for schemes, patterns and blueprints?
3) How often do you think traders should 'visit' the trading posts? Currently this is set at once per game day (9 times per real day).
4) How many new items should the traders bring per round? This currently varies from 0 to 4 per game day with the upper limit based on tribe size. On an average real day a small tribe will get 4-5 new recipes while a larger tribe will gain 15-20. Does this seem right or would you like to see more or less recipes in circulation?
5) How much time do you think items should remain unsold in the Trading Post before being automatically removed? I am planning for items to expire after 1 real week. Is this good or should it be more or less?
6) Currently a Trading Post can hold 20 recipes for sale. Should I increase or decrease this number?
7) Currently the items for trade are randomly selected based on what is available for each Mist Tribe. Do you think this is ok, or would you like to see more of a predictable choice?
For example: Currently a Trading Post selects randomly from all available schemes for that selected Mist Tribe. I could have the selection choose one armor, one tool or weapon and one blueprint per round. I could further categorize the selection if needed (for example by armor type or architecture normal vs rare parts).