Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

05/16/2015 - Test Server - Trading Post Technical

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is open for finals tests on an upcoming feature: Trade with tribes beyond the mist.

This thread is for a technical discussion only so that I can set proper variables and wrap up this feature.

General feedback on the game economy and upcoming building uses will be requested in another thread.

Here is how it works:

1) Select a complete building (such as a tent or teepee) and choose Assign Use from the drop down menu.

2) Assign the Trading Post use to the building. This is similar to assigning the current Commissary use.

3) When a building is assigned as a Trading Post, you can see and select Trade as the top most selection from its use menu. Selecting Trade will open a panel similar to the Trade Totem Panel.

4) From the Trading Post panel, hit the Select Tribe button to choose a tribe to trade with. Choose one of 7 Mist Tribes to trade with.

5) On a regular schedule (currently once per game day), the Trading Post will be populated with schemes, patterns and blueprints from a currently select specific 'tribe' that you are trading with. (For example Bamati, Pioneer or Mason tribe). Prices will be in dollars and should match or exceed current going rates for similar items.

6) Some schemes will be available only through Trading Posts and at high prices. This should create a use for veteran players with hoarded dollar bills.

7) Unsold items will be cleared out on a regular basis (if they are unsold for one real week).

8) Homesteads will not be allowed to place a Trading Post. Tribes of Band size and above are allowed one Trading Post. Larger tribes will have their Trading Post updated with more items each update.

For testing only:

1) Unsold items are cleared out after 2 game days.

2) Trading Posts are limited to 20 items at a time. This may be the final limit as well, but I welcome your input on this.

3) The current prices for schemes are as follows:

Revised 05/20/2015

Armor: Normal $100 Artisan $250 Master $500
    Tools: Normal $100 Artisan $250 Master $500
    Weapons: Will be added after Weapons are revised.

Architecture Blueprints:
    Floors, Walls, Posts: $1000
    Rooms
    (Tents etc.) / Ramps / Platforms / 4x4 Trusses : $2000
    Railings: $2500
    Roofs / Gates / 8x8 Trusses / Beams: $5000
    Smokehouse / 8x8 Roofs: $7500
    Pioneer Canopy: $10000
    New Rare Parts (16x16 Truss and Beams, 4x8 Cantilevers): $10000

Next up:

1) Final prices may be revised further based on feedback and research.

2) Final update times and variables may be revised based on feedback.

3) Tribe selections will be improved with nicer image buttons.

Please post feedback on the following:

1) Do you encounter any bugs or problems with the system as is?

2) Items for sale will include Tool Schemes, Armor Patterns and Architecture Blueprints. What do you think price ranges should be for schemes, patterns and blueprints?

3) How often do you think traders should 'visit' the trading posts? Currently this is set at once per game day (9 times per real day).

4) How many new items should the traders bring per round? This currently varies from 0 to 4 per game day with the upper limit based on tribe size. On an average real day a small tribe will get 4-5 new recipes while a larger tribe will gain 15-20. Does this seem right or would you like to see more or less recipes in circulation?

5) How much time do you think items should remain unsold in the Trading Post before being automatically removed? I am planning for items to expire after 1 real week. Is this good or should it be more or less?

6) Currently a Trading Post can hold 20 recipes for sale. Should I increase or decrease this number?

7) Currently the items for trade are randomly selected based on what is available for each Mist Tribe. Do you think this is ok, or would you like to see more of a predictable choice?

For example: Currently a Trading Post selects randomly from all available schemes for that selected Mist Tribe. I could have the selection choose one armor, one tool or weapon and one blueprint per round. I could further categorize the selection if needed (for example by armor type or architecture normal vs rare parts).
    Last edited by Xsyon; 05-20-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Regarding pricing:

The current prices are based on previous feedback and current and recent prices in game. Please keep your feedback in this thread limited to actual prices you'd like to see for each category.

If you wish to discuss reasons for prices and the general effects on the game economy, please do so in the Pricing Discussion Thread here.

Prior posts were lost while I was in the middle of moving the posts to a new thread and players continued to post. I should have ensured both the old and new threads were locked while doing this. I've spent the past 30 minutes trying to recover the posts and I can't find them. I'm sorry about that. It's not a process that I've done very often.

I did read all the feedback and am taking it all into consideration. Unfortunately I can't respond to any specific points. If you feel something is worth further discussion or comments from me, please post it again in the Pricing Discussion Thread.

A few things are worth pointing out:

1) Players will not be selecting specific schemes to be gained through the Trading Post. They can only influence the selection by selecting the Mist Tribe to trade with.

2) Remember that there is a 20 item limit on a Trading Post. If players don't buy the available schemes, they will sit there for one real week.

This means that if tribes want more of a selection or are not getting schemes they want, they will need to buy the current schemes at current prices or hope that other players do so (by encouraging other players to visit their Trading Post). That will leave empty spots in the Trading Post for more schemes to arrive.

3) Schemes for sale are randomly selected and there may be game days where no new schemes are added. It's unlikely that that multiple copies of the same scheme will be for sale over the course of a week.

Prices have been further revised (See prices in the first post)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically I raised prices for patterns and schemes based on feedback. I think the rest are fine. If you have any further feedback on these prices, please post desired prices in this thread. For more in depth discussion on prices and the game economy, please post in the Price Discussion thread here

Prices should be high in general as the Trading Post is not meant to replace regular trade, but rather provide a sink for players that have extra cash and willing to spend more for items they want and can't find through regular trade.

It's also a method to introduce items (such as the new rare architecture blueprints) for high end players. I'm considering other high price items in the near future, for example a token that adds a stat adjustment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also slightly adjusted the system so that with each update tribes now get a chance to add one armor pattern, one tool or container scheme and one blueprint. The chance is increased based on tribe size. This revision should supply more of a balance and guarantee that blueprints are added daily.
    Last edited by Xsyon; 05-20-2015 at 12:08 PM.

One thing I noticed was that if you pick a tribe say the Mason tribe, I would be expecting blueprints from that tribe.

However, on test even though I had picked MASON tribe the blueprint was gadu. Yes, it was a rare one, but why have tribe selection if the blueprint is still just random? It makes picking a tribe pointless.

canopy and scrapper smoke house should be more since they are the currently rare and wanted recipes. ramps and platforms had no value in the past, they should be lowered.

seriously, all the support recipes should be way lower. doesnt matter if they are new or not. vet player wont have problems to buy them, new players wont know the diffrence in new-old. why would a new player have to pay 7,5k $ for a project which is hidden behind his walls after all, only to have a chance to build multiple stories? thats a low use, no optical effect and a lot of money.

It's also a method to introduce items (such as the new rare architecture blueprints) for high end players.
    if you think new recipes should be more valuable because of this, simply dont add them to the mist trader for the next 6 month. but dont put stuff which is not worth the price please...

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnuts View Post
    canopy and scrapper smoke house should be more since they are the currently rare and wanted recipes. ramps and platforms had no value in the past, they should be lowered.

seriously, all the support recipes should be way lower. doesnt matter if they are new or not. vet player wont have problems to buy them, new players wont know the diffrence in new-old. why would a new player have to pay 7,5k $ for a project which is hidden behind his walls after all, only to have a chance to build multiple stories? thats a low use, no optical effect and a lot of money.

if you think new recipes should be more valuable because of this, simply dont add them to the mist trader for the next 6 month. but dont put stuff which is not worth the price please...
    i think ist ok and not 6 months later!
    if you scavenging 1 hour you have 1000 dollar

please creat a new charackter, scav 1 hour and try to get 1k dollars, lol!

ok..true
    new char is pullshit..,)

ok..true
    new char is pullshit in scavening..,)

I've slightly adjusted prices as follows:

Canopy and Smokehouse prices increased.
    Ramps, Platforms and basic Trusses slightly decreased.

Again, Trading Post prices should be high and are not meant for new players. The Trading Post is meant as a money sink for players that have the extra cash and want something special or something they can't buy at the time from other players.

The very large trusses and beams should be special and limited parts. Even though they get covered up, they allow for long spans and large interior spaces. These should be desired parts for experienced builders and are best used in large tribe areas. They are not basic parts for new architects.

Regarding ramps and platforms, in game data shows that they have been selling for higher prices than floors, walls and posts, so I will keep them higher in Trading Posts as well.

Note: These prices haven't yet been patched to the Test Server but will be part of the update.

Looks like this update is ready to go for tomorrow morning! I'll wait and see to make sure no last minute issues are reported.

Thanks for the input!