05/16/2015 - Test Server - Trading Post Price Discussion

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

This thread is for general pricing discussion for schemes sold by Mist Tribes through the upcoming Trading Post feature.

Please keep this discussion civil and to the point. There is no need for back and forth arguments as I will read your feedback and take it all into consideration.

Note: Prior posts were lost while I was in the middle of moving the posts to a new thread and players continued to post. I should have ensured both the old and new threads were locked while doing this. I've spent the past 30 minutes trying to recover the posts and I can't find them. I'm sorry about that. It's not a process that I've done very often.

I did read all the feedback and am taking it all into consideration. Unfortunately I can't respond to any specific points. If you feel something is worth further discussion or comments from me, please post again here.

A few things are worth pointing out:

1) Players will not be selecting specific schemes to be gained through the Trading Post. They can only influence the selection by selecting the Mist Tribe to trade with.

2) Remember that there is a 20 item limit on a Trading Post. If players don't buy the available schemes, they will sit there for one real week.

This means that if tribes want more of a selection or are not getting schemes they want, they will need to buy the current schemes at current prices or hope that other players do so (by encouraging other players to visit their Trading Post). That will leave empty spots in the Trading Post for more schemes to arrive.

3) Schemes for sale are randomly selected and there may be game days where no new schemes are added. It's unlikely that that multiple copies of the same scheme will be for sale over the course of a week.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 05-17-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Prices for all of it should be high. Normal trade should be done through players, not special traders from the mist.

I believe this was meant to augment some of the missing recipes and players to be able to get recipes because few people were online to sell them here or there.

If these prices are kept low so that "anyone can get anything" then you simply just remove a massive setting in the game and might as well remove recipes and blueprints from scav option.

In my opinion the biggest thing that needs to be done is able to see ALL items being sold in game ally or not on totems. Then people will be able to find recipes and blueprints for competitive prices.

Pean, 65k for a full set of master recipes is not that hard to get, first off they are unlikely to need all 13 pieces. As just grinding skill will allow them to randomly get most of them I would say 75% of them. So now you are down to about 15k
    Next we are talking about the highest armor type in the game, of a special type. If a master crafter can't make the money to pay 15k to 30k for the recipes they want, then clearly they are not really caring to do master crafting work.
    Unlike blueprints where you need them early on in the game to make your tribe correctly (even more so no, because you can't go back and change things out as easy)
    Master recipes are not required and should be something built up to.

Sark, what is the problem with someone buying all the "rare" recipes up? First of they would have to be very rich, second off, others would buy them and sell them at a lower price than this other guy, and third what is stopping others from buying them before this rich guy?
    Plus you also still have the found by scav option, or grinding to get it. Being this is a small game and knowing first hand how the market on this works, I highly doubt people are going to buy up all the recipes that are rare UNLESS the rare ones are highly under priced in which case, there is an issue with pricing.

Personally, I think the traders should offer them in auction house style, however, I think many people want easy mode and would be upset but overall that is likely the best way. Assuming Xsyon does more to fix the economy.

Thanks for the clarification

I agree that prices need to be higher than your initial examples.

The reasons are as follows,

1. those that can use them should be able to afford them.

2. will prevent profiteering from buying low and selling high.

3. give newer players goals to work towards.

4. adds value to the things players make and a greater sense of accomplishment.

Also, the idea of influencing the potential things for sale as you commented on sounds better to me

Honestly, I would go a step above just making them more expensive. On the assumption that any "high-end" piece of gear would be traded from the mists, there should be some detriment to buying it rather than interacting with other players.

The first suggestion (strictly gear related) is that any gear purchased from the mists should be of lower than normal durability. (They'd be keeping the "new" stuff for themselves anyway.)

Second, I think anything purchased (not just gear) from the mists should be clearly marked as such. This way players will know that it came from the mist which could either help, or hurt, an attempt to sell it.

Third, I would impose a limited amount of items that a person can buy each refresh tick. This would nullify any argument that a player would "buy them all out"... which seemed a worthless argument unless players outside of tribe can purchase items from "your" trade post... in which case a simple building would fix that problem.

Fourth, I agree with MrDDT on this one (I know....) the cost of any item traded from the mist should be strictly viewed as "convenience" and as such, should cost more than any form of standard pricing.

Lastly, I know that this is meant to be a "cash sink". However, the balance has to be made between giving players the ability to limit any and all trade outside of the mists.... and making it worthwhile for "vets with hoarded dollars" to actually spend money.

Let me put it this way: Anything on the trade post that would actually make me want to buy it, I wouldn't want it there to begin with. Thus the problem.

The traders of the mist I believe is mostly used as a way to find things not commonly sold or found.

Most people almost strictly talk about blueprints but really, there are things that are even more rare than that.
    High end crafting items. Problem is few people really want these items. Blueprints are commonly needed and thus are a mixed bag. People that go out and make a living off scavenging want to be able to make money off them when they do sell them. Yet new players or vets filling in gaps need them often.

I think simply setting the bar pretty high would fix all the issues. New players wont be able to get them easy, and will have to work to sometime. Vets will have to pay a good price for them either from the mist traders or true scavenging players.

Dollars have almost no worth and this will help make them do something, and as Xsyon says a sink of dollars in the game. Which is much needed.

To be honest, I would rather see them sell EVERY recipe but at super inflated prices. Then you have a market for everything.

You could even make it a faction thing where it can cut the price by say killing mutant animals.

Biggest problem I see is there is no standard pricing and I can see people are starting to come about to seeing that the prices before of what people "believed" they should be are increasing to what I've always said they should be.

I like Tef's idea that the blueprints should be marked as traders of the mist, but really they sorta will be. As any player found (non guide spawned) blueprint or item would say the players name who found it.

I do not like Tef's idea that these should be less QL or lower durability, and that causes all sorts of issues. Mostly confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    I don't see the value on smoke house and most canopy schemes. The Pioneer Canopy BP seems rare and desired but the others are not. I generally throw in a smoke house or scrapper picnic canopy BP in on BP trades since they have no demand and are so common.

The issue with this is that you are basing the mist traders prices on something that YOU find commonly. Any blueprint can be found commonly (really no BP is "common") if you scavenge in the same area over and over.
    I found like 200 water barrel recipes in a couple days, yet I know people say that never find them. It's just because where you go, you find them. Same can be said for Pioneer canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tefached View Post
    Honestly, I would go a step above just making them more expensive. On the assumption that any "high-end" piece of gear would be traded from the mists, there should be some detriment to buying it rather than interacting with other players.

The first suggestion (strictly gear related) is that any gear purchased from the mists should be of lower than normal durability. (They'd be keeping the "new" stuff for themselves anyway.)
    Currently the Trading Posts will sell only schemes / patterns and blueprints. (So the quality doesn't matter). Later on other special items may be added. Right now I just want to get this building use and several others out there and functioning well.

Third, I would impose a limited amount of items that a person can buy each refresh tick.
    Right now I think the system is self-limiting, with a limit of 20 items for sale at one time and a maximum of 3 new items per game day.

Items won't always be what particular players want, so they will either have to wait a week for them to expire, buy undesirable items at the high prices just to make room for new items or encourage other players to buy items they don't want (by creating an attractive and active town center).

Fourth, I agree with MrDDT on this one (I know....) the cost of any item traded from the mist should be strictly viewed as "convenience" and as such, should cost more than any form of standard pricing.
    Yes, the current prices have been set with this goal in mind.