Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Question Forestry questions from an old player

    I have been on hiatus for the last seven months or so, and I'm wondering if anything has changed with Forestry/Logging?

    Last time I played gathering seeds had just been moved from Foraging to Forestry skill. That patch also made the buffer for planting trees huge as well as reduced the chance of getting Supreme and Premium wood when felled.

    Is this still the case?

  2. #2
    a guide said seed quality doesnt matter, but i woulnt count on that. we testes to plant trees with supreme and junk seeds and we've got supreme on the supreme seeds, but lower qualitys on the junk.

    even with a 100forestry, 100 spi/charm ( higher than 100.0 stats do not count to the quality of gathering skills ) charackter and using sup seeds only, i dont get supreme on every tree. Logging skill + stats ( agi/str ) matters as well. its kinda hard to get the woodcrafting chain up to sup quality.

    the buffer is currently 5. so if you would get avg 55q logs, they will be 53-57. this buffer is smaller than other gathering skills (10) but you have this buffer twice (5 on forestry and 5 on logging ) so its kind of the same at the end.

  3. #3
    Just wanted to clear up that higher than 100 in a primary and secondary stat DOES help the quality of gathering skills, planting, forestry etc.
    Just remember that 70% of the effect of something like forestry is from the skill the other 30% is from stats. Then you have to factor in the material avg/values if there are materials in it.

    Logging skills does not matter direction in the QL of the tree, however, because there is no way to see the QL of a tree before you cut it down. So if you are going for logs of any type then yes logging will matter.

    Just remember when planting a tree to get the best you want this.

    Max seed, max skill, highest possible primary stat, highest possible secondary stat. In that order.

    Then chopping a tree you want.
    Max skill, highest possible primary stat, highest possible secondary stat.

    If they changed it so QL of the axe effects the log. Then you would want.
    Max axe QL, max skill, highest possible primary stat, highest possible secondary stat.
    Remember if QL of the axe has an effect like skinning. Then 125QL is possible meaning its much easier to get materials that are 100QL (which is the max for a material)
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  4. #4
    stats above 100 doesnt do anything imo. i can use a armor which gain me +40 to primary stat and i still get the same rate in any gathering skill. so there is
    1. no effect
    or
    2. a effect which is almost useless.

  5. #5
    If I remember right, the axe QL did become a factor where it was not before.

    It has been some time ago so I can't be exact on QL percentages, but I know it frustrated the hell out of me to have that big of a loss in QL.

    Also, is the planting radius still around 16 paces? I know it jumped way up during the same time period.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnuts View Post
    stats above 100 doesnt do anything imo. i can use a armor which gain me +40 to primary stat and i still get the same rate in any gathering skill. so there is
    1. no effect
    or
    2. a effect which is almost useless.
    The thing is it seems almost useless at need 100 QL and skill but at lower skill levels it has greater effect. Or using lower QL.

    Remember that say you looking to find an item.
    If your skill is say 80, and your stats are say 100. You will find about 75 to 85 QL. If your stats are 140 you will find 77 to 87. (which is about a 20% jump just FYI)
    Now say your skill is 100. Your stats are 100. You will find about 94 to 100 QL. If your stats are 140 you will find about 96 to 100 QL notice how the top end doesn't move? It's because you are capped and thus seems like a lesser effect. But you are about 10% more likely to find 100 QL item. (Instead of 1 in 6, you are 1 in 4)
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •