Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello Treyu,

I'm just telling you how it's been. Creatures and desynch issues HAVE been worked on since you last played from what I can see. You last played in May, 2012 according to the database. Is that correct? Combat was being worked on at that time and a lot of changes were released shortly after you last played. Since then, ranges and hit boxes have been adjusted several times and connection code has been improved.

As I've stated, the feedback on desynch has been inconsistent. Desynch is always ping / latency related. A good explanation is posted on this other game's site here.

You see for yourself part of the latest feedback. At the same time I received messages from players (mostly that play on the PvP server) saying they felt combat and creatures are fine and that working on them was a waste of my time.

I don't feel that way, but I'm relating to you the type of feedback I get. I am aware there is some desynch, but it does not appear to be major. I'm aware there are other issues, but they are technically not desynch issues. This is why I'm again focusing on creatures and combat right now, without player testing at the moment.

I did check out Darkfall last night. The first thing I noticed is that it felt like my movement and jump commands took a moment to react after I pressed a key. It felt to me that commands were sent to the server and back before the action took place. If so, that certainly helps address desynch during combat, but feels sluggish to me. (I may be wrong, but that's how it felt) Do you notice this?

Also melee combat seemed to be a simple mouse click when in range with special attacks using key presses coming at higher levels. There was no dodging or parrying. Is that correct? At high level, how many different special attacks do you get and what do they do? I didn't have a shield. If you have a shield does blocking occur automatically, or is it just an increase in armor (like in Warcraft)?

Thanks again for the input. It's good timing since I'm currently working on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by treyu View Post
    MrDTT, I know Elder Scrolls Online has that type of combat, but it FEELs twitch enough. If you are not targetting with your reticule the mob/player (big hitbox) you won't hit. it feels good and creates a good feeling in pvp and pve. That is why I think xsyon should change combat to something like that as it clearly suffer from trying to have a very complex combat system where the final result is very bad and unprofessional

Yeah don't get me wrong I think ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) does have the combat that feels twitch enough. But I did want to note that it wasn't a true twitch system. I like the balance ESO brought to the MMO market.
    Darkfall to me was too much and only a few core people can get it.

Xsyon,
    Yes I believe people always (including myself) that there is a slight delay in how the attacks, and movement. The game has what is called "Momentum" which means it takes a moment for your player to do actions that require great speed. Starting and stopping. As in real life you can't just go from standing still to lighting speed. It takes a moment to move you body. This does give the feeling of sluggish and I think its good but not the best for MMO style combat.
    ESO gives the best of both worlds.
    If MMO's had better pings and latency, then sure Darkfall and Mount and Blade style of combat would be the best. But because there will always be a delay and latency issues. I believe ESO has done the best of mixing both worlds.

Darkfall has dodging and parrying. Also special moves do not come at higher levels (there are no levels) however, you do get them later.
    To parry, you use a special key, and it will directionally deflect like 75% of the damage. Some part of the effect can not be parried. (like parrying a fireball will still knock you about a bit)
    If you have a shield you can parry 95% of the damage, and it's not automatic.
    Darkfall has a prowess system where you gain exp and there are skills and stats that are cheap at first but cost more as you want higher tiers.

About the desync in Xsyon's current combat.
    If someone is running by me (on my screen) I can hit them. Even though on their screen they are 20 meters away. This is a major problem when the only way to avoid being hit is to move out of range.
    The combat lot even says "From 20 meters" when the attack lands.
    Also if I lag up on your screen, I look like I'm not moving. Even though my lag on my end is perfectly fine. Which allows someone to do like 2 or 3 hits on a target that is not moving. Then their lag catches up, and the person is hit 2 or 3 times in a moment and from a far range.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Hello Treyu,

I'm just telling you how it's been. Creatures and desynch issues HAVE been worked on since you last played from what I can see. You last played in May, 2012 according to the database. Is that correct? Combat was being worked on at that time and a lot of changes were released shortly after you last played. Since then, ranges and hit boxes have been adjusted several times and connection code has been improved.

As I've stated, the feedback on desynch has been inconsistent. Desynch is always ping / latency related. A good explanation is posted on this other game's site here.

You see for yourself part of the latest feedback. At the same time I received messages from players (mostly that play on the PvP server) saying they felt combat and creatures are fine and that working on them was a waste of my time.

I don't feel that way, but I'm relating to you the type of feedback I get. I am aware there is some desynch, but it does not appear to be major. I'm aware there are other issues, but they are technically not desynch issues. This is why I'm again focusing on creatures and combat right now, without player testing at the moment.

I did check out Darkfall last night. The first thing I noticed is that it felt like my movement and jump commands took a moment to react after I pressed a key. It felt to me that commands were sent to the server and back before the action took place. If so, that certainly helps address desynch during combat, but feels sluggish to me. (I may be wrong, but that's how it felt) Do you notice this?

Also melee combat seemed to be a simple mouse click when in range with special attacks using key presses coming at higher levels. There was no dodging or parrying. Is that correct? At high level, how many different special attacks do you get and what do they do? I didn't have a shield. If you have a shield does blocking occur automatically, or is it just an increase in armor (like in Warcraft)?

Thanks again for the input. It's good timing since I'm currently working on this stuff.
    MrDDT explained well. Darkfall has momentun. it also has parry without shield and block with shield. it also has critical hits with melee (if you land 3 consecutive melee hits, the forth is critical) and critical makes more damage but also a special effect that depends on the melee weapon you are using: for example, some give a penalty to slashing damage, other produce a knockback, etc. It also has more damage from behind. And there are also different weapons like I said, with different damage types (slashing, bludgeoning, piercing) and different ranges and attack speeds. Each weapon type has also different "ranks" which means they are more expensive the higher the rank, but also do more damage and have more durability. Same with armor types. So as you see, there is depth in the system. Also, there are different schools and each of the schools have different abilities which are also used in combat, so combat is a combination of aimed normal attacks (mouse click) and abiities.

I also think Elder Scrolls Online combat system (based on it i mean) will be perfect for xsyon. It is less complex than what you have, it feels twitch, and as it is simplier you will fix any desying issue for sure.

I can't beleive people don't have combat issues in Xsyon like you said.... I played with a new account some months ago (so i could try the free trial) and I saw the problems again... people movin wierd, i could not hit someone in front of me like if hitbox was wierd or we were not really near even though I saw him in front of me in my screen.... It is just like MrDDT say.

Anyway, it is good that you are focusing on this, I really hope it works out good