Hello Xsyon Citizens!
I'd like to open a discussion on potential death penalties. This is something that I've been meaning to implement for a very long time. With Infirmaries coming up this is a good time to put death penalties into play.
I am considering various options and am completely open to suggestions and feedback on this.
Here are some ideas that have been suggested or have been under consideration in the past:
- Item duration loss. This could be for equipped items or across the board all end use items (armor, weapons, tools) on your person. Maybe a 10% durability loss. This could help boost the economy. I can imagine players trying to drop items to save them last minute and might need some mechanism to prevent that from happening. Also, this could be paired with adding a ‘repair’ function that could require materials and dollars (another cash sink) or just dollars.
- Cash loss. For this I would need to add cash as a dollar count attached to your person (like in Warcraft for example). You won’t be able store dollars in bins. This would be another cash sink, but I could also add the cash or some percent of it onto nearby revenants.
- Item loss. One or a few items could be selected randomly, removed from the player and loaded up on nearby revenants. I think this could be fun, especially if I add backpacks or pouches to revenants.
- XP loss. This is straightforward. It just wouldn’t work well on players that have no xp saved up. It could require a negative XP balance to restore.
- Temporary stat or skill loss. This could last 10 - 30 minutes with gradual restoration. This is similar to Warcraft’s hefty stat and power reduction if you choose to resurrect at a shrine instead of doing a ghost run to your corpse. This may be of an annoyance than anything else, but I’m throwing the idea out here.
All feedback is welcome on this. Please do not turn this into a debate, however. I personally am leaning towards item duration / item loss, but I would like to hear from all you players first!