Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    For me, that potential destroys the role playing aspect of a game.
    trading was never important for this kind of things. making cart which are not to bad in trades, is a skill everyone can learn without loosing any skill. the stuff which was traded most of the time was tons of materials or blueprints, not crafted items.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think the key to any good MMO is to focus on bringing people together not putting in systems and servers that encourage people solo play.
    The key of RP is to place people on the same map and give them a free choice not force them to RP. You see, there is a difference between me and you, you are always looking for ways for dominance, I am looking for ways of equality and respect to others, your way will never work and never did.
    Add another server with my proposed settings and lets see which server will have more RP, even if it is sounds like solo settings.
    There are ways to let people to hunt together and let everyone walk away with loot without forcing them to be a members of a big tribes, like: first person to loot will get 100% of quality then every person after that will get slightly lower quality of the same loot from same animal, assuming everyone have their skills at the same level.
    There are ways to distribute power levels to a certain animal types so those would make sense, there are ways to kind of restrict people from killing some animals solo, so people would have something to hunt as a group and something to hunt as a solo, normal animals should not have power level of 80 and above = fully grown adult animals, only mutated animals should have power level above 80 adult animals, make normal animals to regenerate health slow, lower HP and damage, make mutated animals to regenerate faster much higher HP but low to moderate damage, so one or even two people would not be able to keep up with enough damage to lower HP on mutated animal, there is your solo and group content, this will not make animal over powered and will have proper settings for materials (normal animals, from hamster to bears, not mutated).
    Remove blueprints from scavenge loot table and add them to learning.

Znaiika you glossed over the fact that I like playing with people and teams. You like solo.

If you want solo, don't play MMO's pretty simple concept. You might think I only want to dominate everyone but what I like is to play with other players, it's the social aspect I like. Which is why I play MMOs.

I like to play RPGs because I like building and advancing a character and story that is involved in a large world of players.

Unlike you my play style requires me to play MMO's, your play style not only doesn't need other players, but you don't even need to be online to play it.

Yes there are lots of ways to let and promote people to hunt. Xsyon currently has no system like that in place. It actively discourages people to hunt together. I don't think it was meant to, but all the systems in place and all the changes to those systems have make it where grouping is harder and worse than solo hunting.
    You know the system of looting was sorta like you said only, everyone got quality based on their OWN skill. They removed it from the game.

There are lots of ways to make animals and mutants harder, but that has not even been done at all. In fact animals have got easier with less and less HP and power. Because a few vocal people wanted to be able to solo and do everything.
    Animal regeneration is completely crap. Whole thing needs to be fixed from the ground up.

No idea what you mean "learning" in your last statement. You already can learn blueprints.

One of the biggest problems in my opinion is that Xsyon gives your opinion equal weight as anyone else, even though you clearly do not have a sound grasp on MMO's, Xsyon, or RPGs, nor what you even want. He listens way to much to people like you and to little to himself and players with plans that were discussed between a group of people and ALL views were taken into account and worked out the details.
    Where is the group of devs or GMs that question and tested by players and see what might work best before it was even coded or planned fully?
    Last edited by MrDDT; 10-12-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    DDT, you may not notice but you sound more solo then me, you don't even know what MMO means, you don't know what it means to share a same world with everyone else, your aim is to dominate not playing alone side with everyone else, that's why you tell everyone to go play single player, because you want all attention to your self, this is not RP style.

By learning I mean all kinds of blueprints should be learn only not in a loot table.
    Last edited by znaiika; 10-12-2015 at 09:06 PM.

All blueprints are learnable from using the skill.

I tell people that I think are trying to change an MMO into a single player game to go play what they would like, a single player game. People that want to play with other people should play MMO's.

Znaiika you really should play Xsyon and learn a bit about it before trying to change it. All I ask is learn it first, then offer suggestions that you think might be for the betterment of the game. Not just how you would like it better, but both for the game and yourself.

Xsyon Citizen
    I know that blueprints are learnable but they are also in a scavenge loot table, I am asking to remove them from loot table.
    Well, tell me if this is fair, some vets leveled their skills when it was easy to level, now they only need to maintain skills from decaying, but for a new player it would take years to level skills playing at least 4-6 hours a day every day, this is a perfect recipe for dominance.
    To make it fair, let people raise their skills without decay then at high level about 95 decay would kick in, or simply add another server with controllable skill decay on all skills.
    Why do you worry so much about adding third server? afraid that most people would play there? afraid that people would choose server with more freedom? third server will not effect current servers in any ways, so: why are you so worried about?.

I don't think any skill that was ever easier to level, specially architecture.

You youngsters don't know how easy you have it. Back in the day there were no blueprints, you lost all materials when you disassembled something, you couldn't grid posts because there were no wood posts, for a long time trees did not regrow so if you wanted wood you had to run into the mist and hope you could chop a tree down before you died, of course there were no carts to carry building materials around, and you did not get inspires if you used green points to raise your skills.

[geezer mode off]

Xsyon Citizen
    I am not talking about Back in the day, maybe a year before skill decay patch.

You know Znaiika, that Architecture CAN NOT decay?

So what you are talking about and asking for is already in place for that skill. Again another issue that you are having is that you DO NOT know or understand the game or what you want.

Wainwright and Architecture do not decay. (I wish they would, but that's a different story and why)

Why do I worry about a 3rd server? Because much like the WAR / PEACE server did was split up 2 very low populations. Is the PEACE (AKA PVE) server more populated than the WAR (AKA PVP) server? Yes. But combine the servers and you would have had more people than you do now on 1 server which is better. There is also no reason why WAR and PEACE couldn't have worked on the same server. Just make areas of PVP and areas of PVE only.

You say that a 3rd server would have no effect on the current server except you are missing one major factor. You would again split or even pull away a few people to another server making the current low population even feel lower.

FYI all skills are controllable for decay. Maybe not as much as you like but they are.

Xsyon Citizen
    Wasn't me talking about Architecture for one.

PVP and PVE on one server will never work since PVPers want all goodies in one tiny place which ruins everything.

Some may move to third server but over all more people would play the game, so it's better for Xsyon.
    So you do agree people would play on third server with controlled skill decay?

Currently you have to reach that level to easily control decay which would take very long time, which is tedious and not fun.