Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think Xsyon needs a free trial, but as has been pointed out letting trial players play with everyone else doesn't work.

What could be done is carve out two islands in the mist separated from the main area. Trial players could play in one of these islands with the previous restrictions (lvl 30 for skills, able to place one character totem, etc.) These islands would be on the live servers so player could chat with citizens, either through global or a special trial channel.

At the end of each real world month or perhaps each game year, the active island would swap. Existing trial players would respawn on the newly active island. Any tribes, buildings, terraforming, bins, trees, etc. on the inactive island would be reset. This would keep trial players from playing long term as only skills and the contents of their pack/pouches would carry over to the new island. The island wipes would mean that trial characters would have a relatively fresh zone to experience.

Too much work not needed in my mind...Darkwalker idea is better, give to custumers the possibility to walk around the map to see the world with very low skills and no tribe possibilities, then if they like what they see they should buy the game or if not they leave. Easy to do and could give a better feeling for undecided custumers. I do not put more effort than that to a trial. Cheers

A free trial was done once, it didn't work and resulted in trial players messing up the world for everyone else. Instead of a free trial, make a nice trailer showcasing the world and everything a player can do. If that is done, any serious player who is looking for a great sandbox would be interested because lets face it, there is no sandbox out there as good as xsyon. That would be my suggestion.

The free trial should be for 1-3 days with no restrictions. This way people get the full taste for the game with no limits and once the trial is up, buy the game or move on.

The one issue that scares me about a free trial though would be gold sellers or bots, but I seriously doubt this game is any any danger at this point for this. They target the big games they can make real world cash off of and just not enough players for that right now.

Just have the unrestricted trial until a target goal of players are logging in each day, then if bots or gold sellers start becoming an issue, change the free trial as needed to deter them.

You give me the ability to generate 1-3 day accounts with no restrictions, ill give you more than enough reasons to go back to not wanting any free trials.

Other games like WoW dont make the player part of their world, nor does the player have the ability to screw up the world on the scale that you can on Xsyon.

I dont remember StarWarsGalaxies have a free trial for a LONG time after it was released.

To be honest, im surprised the pvp die hard players that hate pve dont go to the pve server and intentionally screw it up.

remember all the bald spots on the scrap today are the some of the same ones from 2011.

The only way you can have a trial is if the trail players have stuff to do on tribe grounds. You need a way for some one to come "work" for you for a day.

They dont need to be part of my tribe for me to want them to do work for me.
    Last edited by xyberviri; 01-21-2016 at 12:25 PM.