Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weather, seasons, temperature

is there any detailed info on weather and its effects? what's the difference between day/night and summer/winter?

will players get sick from low temperatures? are campfires only for cooking or is there more to it?

Re:Weather, seasons, temperature

https://www.xsyon.com/features

3rd section down, Enviroment, deals with all your questions, or should do.

yup, i read that right before posting ^^

it says "Weather conditions affect player actions and item durability."

but how exactly do they affect player actions?

Well, best way to think is, what would happen in real life?

Snow: will slow you down and probably cause objects to turn brittle maybe.

Ice: you will slide on i could imagine (I don't know if this will happen)

I suspect that most of the weather effects fall under the realm of "you have to find out for yourself" information. aka "The Unknown" in the Feature List.

Still, I've long been waiting for a game that would have seasons. (The only one I know of was/is Ryzom.) Even cooler in my list of dream features is accumulating snow -- something that is promised for Xsyon.

I wonder how long the day/nigh cycle will be, which in turn will affect how long each season lasts? A cycle that matches the real world has a drawback in that not everyone can play at certain hours of the day. So if the world's cycle matches the real world, then some players are not going to be able to take advantage of effects (such as crafting) that are linked to a specific time of day.

aurickle wrote:
    I wonder how long the day/nigh cycle will be, which in turn will affect how long each season lasts? A cycle that matches the real world has a drawback in that not everyone can play at certain hours of the day. So if the world's cycle matches the real world, then some players are not going to be able to take advantage of effects (such as crafting) that are linked to a specific time of day.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forums/6-genera...-fast-is-1-day

Virtus wrote:
    aurickle wrote:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forums/6-genera...-fast-is-1-day
    Thanks for that! So one year per month, or one season per week. I think that's about twice as fast as what Ryzom did.

It also translates to one day every two hours, which may actually be a little fast. It'll be interesting to see how it feels in-game. The plus side is you'll never have to wait very long for a specific time of day.

aurickle wrote:
    It also translates to one day every two hours, which may actually be a little fast. It'll be interesting to see how it feels in-game. The plus side is you'll never have to wait very long for a specific time of day.
    That would translate to about 45-1 hour of darkness and 1.15 to 1 hours of light. Maybe twice as long would indeed be better. However this would also mean that there are 34 days instead of 17 between the end of summer (or whatever season) and it starting again.

With is pretty long if you need season specific items. Might make it interesting though as an tribe really need to "work" to stock up on a certain item and trader can really anticipate this will. A duo to this supply and demand really fluctuate throughout the month.

Well 4 hours per day seem pretty solid actually. As long as darkness is not to dark as that is one think I find annoying in Wurm Online...I tend to alway log in when it's dark

Will the game have earthquakes,lightning,tsunami's,floods,death tolls and hurricanes?

If so then will these be imperceptible?

We should have hurricanes which occur perhaps more frequently than earthquakes in the other counties.

Lol this is to think about
    [img]http://www.mgraur.jazztel.es//celestial.jpg[/img]