A return to one server having a PvE / PvP switch has been requested. I would like your feedback on this.
I will consider this but it will require several conditions:
1) Closing the current War server will mean all tribes, towns and inventories will be lost. I could possibly copy character information (appearance, stats, skills and schemes) for players that request it but this could be a time consuming procedure.
2) I would not implement PvP and PvE zones, because that would require setting some zones to PvP that currently contain PvE player tribes.
3) PvP would be a choice or switch. I would have to think of the best and fair method to implement this and am open to suggestions.
4) PvP players would not have any advantage over PvE players. There would not be a possibility of PvP controlled resources or areas that would give PvPers an advantage. To implement something like that I would need to start up a separate PvP server again.
5) If siege and the ability to destroy buildings and ransack tribes is implemented in the future it would apply only to consensual tribes that agree to be PvP tribes subject to attack or as above it would require starting up a second server.
6) At this point, PvP would be consensual only and simply add risk, danger and excitement for those that want to participate in PvP.
7) Because of all this I would require a great majority of players to agree to this change. I would contact all players with characters still on the PvP server via email before making this change. For now I would like to hear feedback from players currently playing on both servers.
Note: I have a lot on my plate right now. Merging the server will definitely not happen until all the planned creature updates are complete.