View Poll Results: Would you like Safe Zone Removal as proposed?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 26.23%
  • Yes, but a with switch to turn on / off safe zones.

26 42.62%
  • No

19 31.15%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ilius View Post
    Don't think removing safe zones will attract more people to PvP server. Better add safe zones to all low lvl sectors...
    There is a full blown plan for the WAR server that's going to take months of coding and that's after the month(s) of current coding that's being done for other features.

The goal here is to keep it simple and give us something that resembles more of what it means to be on a war server that can be put in until the full system gets completed.

The PVE server is 100% safe everywhere, if that's what you want then go there.

The PVP server (for the few of us playing it) needs some action and we want the feeling that things matter, like the need to get our walls built.

I'd prefer an on/off switch, but the off state would need an incentive. I think the switch should also exist for smaller tribes, but only after a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    There is a full blown plan for the WAR server that's going to take months of coding and that's after the month(s) of current coding that's being done for other features.

The goal here is to keep it simple and give us something that resembles more of what it means to be on a war server that can be put in until the full system gets completed.

The PVE server is 100% safe everywhere, if that's what you want then go there.

The PVP server (for the few of us playing it) needs some action and we want the feeling that things matter, like the need to get our walls built.
    I actually voted yes for this feature. And I only play on PvP. We need people to have some action.
    Actually I dont think removing/leaving safe zones on tribal land makes much of a difference right now. But for some future plans maybe. Just wanted to say that its not worth an effort right now. Again its just how I feel.
    Last edited by ilius; 02-07-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    A proposal has been made that safe zones on the War Server be removed automatically once a tribe hits 5 members.

Would you like to see this in game?

Would you like to see a variation of this? For example:

- tribes can allow / disallow PvP with a switch
    - only in medium or high danger zones
    - any other simple variations you'd like to see?

I encourage all War Server players to participate in this poll.

Thanks!
    Can you clarify the following?

1 - Is this something you are looking to add now - until you develop the other PvP changes or would this be part of those.
    2 - If a tribe area isnt safe i assume all baskets/carts/buildings etc will be accessible to anyone entering the tribe area?
    3 - By having it auto switch to PvP after 5 members whats to stop large tribes just setting up a 1 man totem and putting all the valuable stuff in there in total safety from raiding.

Only useful if players and map is reset on pvp FIRST, or i for one will just go back to homestead each for me an friends, players on the server have had bugs an glitches to take advantage of, macroed etc.
    A wipe is needed before pvp can be taken seriously.
    Its obvious one of the 200-300+hp vet pkers requested this the same guys that used to make the one server a gank fest ages ago an had people quitting all over the place.
    Wipe/Reset, characters to, at best allow us to keep the BPs nothing else even those i can live without.

Also Tribe alignment should effect which other tribes you can trade with and pking unarmed people or something similar should auto you to a certain alignment so at least being a douche has repercussions, people in rl can be pvped but it does not mean we just go around killing who we like, there are consequences.
    If all u want is pvp no building, skills etc try happy wars -.-
    If idiots can just roam about with no regulation or consequence to being a tool, trade will suffer and many other game mechanics as no one will leave tribe land (the prob atm and why).

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    I encourage all War Server players to participate in this poll.

Thanks!
    I also hope these so called polls take into account people with alt accounts voting 3+ times on a poll with only 18 vote is quite an unfair advantage....

Make sure you read the thread over at http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...erver-Proposal

With that thread in mind, with one possible implementation being low danger zones being pve only, which means you wont have that gank fest you had when the server split happen.
    Last edited by xyberviri; 02-07-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Also Tribe alignment should effect which other tribes you can trade with and pking unarmed people or something similar should auto you to a certain alignment so at least being a douche has repercussions, people in rl can be pvped but it does not mean we just go around killing who we like, there are consequences.
    If all u want is pvp no building, skills etc try happy wars -.-
    If idiots can just roam about with no regulation or consequence to being a tool, trade will suffer and many other game mechanics as no one will leave tribe land (the prob atm and why).

I think until an alignment system is fleshed out, it shouldn't be in place. Because you would want it so people can't change it easy. Also need to think of making it balanced. Evil people should not be rewarded for being Evil but there should be some benefits to it, as well as for being Neutral or Good.

If tribal lands are not safe, why would people care to leave them or not?
    No system will stop people from being a douche and no system will punish people from being a douche. No matter what laws/rules you have in place you can not stop this, you can only limit it or encourage it. Punishing people because someone could be a douche is not a good option for me. Meaning setting a limit because a few people might be a douche.

I like EVE style trading however, it took a LOT of work to get that system in place. I would love to see it be fully into place of a regional trade good system. Where prices for items are high in some places far away from where they are gathered. This creates a need to trade items around the map, yet not stop people from being bandits to get money/goods from traders/transporters. Getting that system in place might take a lot of balancing though, and removing of bugs for exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by mush View Post
    1 - Is this something you are looking to add now - until you develop the other PvP changes or would this be part of those.
    This would be something added now and removed when the full proposed PvP system is implemented.

2 - If a tribe area isnt safe i assume all baskets/carts/buildings etc will be accessible to anyone entering the tribe area?
    No. Everything would still be safe. The only difference is that players would be able to fight on tribe land.

3 - By having it auto switch to PvP after 5 members whats to stop large tribes just setting up a 1 man totem and putting all the valuable stuff in there in total safety from raiding.
    It really wouldn't matter since everything would be safe. It would probably discourage some players from growing past 5 members though.

This thread was posted in response to a suggestion made here

The idea would be to implement something quick, easy and temporary to encourage more PvP on the War Server. It won't grow into something more complex.

My personal thought is that this change:
    - Would not attract new players.
    - May bring back some old players (if current players spread the word).
    - May encourage some current players to be more active.
    - May cause some current players to stop playing or reduce their tribe size.

Overall I don't think it would have a great effect either way. I'm open to whatever you players want on this!

I'd like to see more votes and feedback before making a decision and I am taking into account players voting from multiple accounts.

Thanks!