06/13/2016 - Feedback Request - Test Server Optimizations
The current Test Server build has undergone major code optimizations. These may not be obvious to players but in general serve to improve performance and memory use, prevent crashes and other issues and streamline the code.
These revisions include:
- Corrected and improved occlusion system. This should improve frame rate.
- Revised text / string uses. This can affect all text in game (chat, any displays with text).
- Optimized array systems. This can affect anything that is stored in arrays (inventory, meshes, textures).
- Optimized networking packets. This slightly reduces the amount of data sent and received and primarily affects inventory and tool tip packets.
These optimizations are in progress and there may be some new issues that have not yet been noticed.
If you notice any new problems that do not exist on the Main Servers, please post them in this thread.
Things to check include:
- Any text input and displays including chat, tool tips, totem info, items for trade, quests, etc.
- All aspects of building
- Quest creation, viewing and completion
- Inventory actions
- Anything you can think of!
Edit: June 20 2016
Occlusion should be correct and ready for the Main Servers now. I'll wait for feedback on any new issues this week before making this patch public.
The white text for the success/failure of actions (You can't find any useful plants here) comes and goes.
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain in more detail? (I foraged for a while and the messages seemed to be working correctly.
Originally Posted by thurgond
Buying from a trade totem crashes the client but upon reloading the trade has gone through.
Can you reproduce this or did it crash when buying a specific item. I also tested this with many trades and didn't crash. If you crash again, please check if you get a crash log. If you do generate a crash log, please send it through the help desk and I'll take a look.
Bought pouch from totem and didn't crash today. Good work.
Had to start a new character on test and had no text messages until I logged off and back on. It appeared that I had some inventory problems after relogging (was missing all dollars and had starting pants back).
Can crash consistently on Mist Trading Posts by selecting global and sorting by distance. Will submit a ticket and crash log.
The time my inventory was not correct may have been from a short (c. 10 min.) rollback. As I remember it, I didn' t crash or log normally but the server just stopped responding. I stayed off for 30 min.-1 hr.
Yes, the white text at the center of the screen only showed up after the first time I re-logged with a new character.